Sr. .NET Developer
Itasca, IL 60143
3- 6-month contract with the option to hire or direct hire
8 AM – 5 PM
Phone, F2F, Offer
Our client is a software company that has a platform that benefits everyone in the benefits space. As a Sr. .NET Developer, you will be the resident technical mind who will allow the platform to grow, evolve, share, and create value for the brokers, employers, employees and more.
The client is looking for someone with heavy experience with C#, RestAPIs, WebAPIs, Telerik Controls, KendoUI and SQL skills. The application has a heavy server-side database reliance and the business logic needs to grow in the middle tier of the web application in order to scale the business. The client needs a Developer who is well versed in SQL. The candidate will be working with another Developer and an offshore team of 10 developers.
- Collaborate with developers on design, code reviews, development infrastructure, and process enhancements.
- Provide estimates and contribute to team planning meetings.
- Manage competing priorities to meet task or project deliverables and report progress on a regular basis.
- Actively research and learn about new technologies continuing skill growth and sharing that knowledge with the development team.
Education, Experience, and Other Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years progressive technical and business experience that includes working with modern technologies using Agile methods.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft C#, ASP.NET, Microsoft SQL Server, database concepts, stored procedures, Rest API.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Web Technologies (including Web Forms, Web API, MVC, WCF – SOAP based web services and RESTful services).
- Solid understanding of established SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Experience as part of a Scrum team to develop high quality software in a timely manner.
- Strong knowledge of programming principles and techniques.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and ability to query and modify data.
- Understanding of all levels of the software stack.
- Adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Champion and adhere to company best practices.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Other technologies where experience or familiarity is helpful:
- Web Service Security, SAML, Kendo UI.
- Advanced parsing of various data exchange formats (XML, JSON, fixed width, delimited, etc.).
- Unit testing technologies such as NUnit and Mocking.
$100,000.00 - $120,000.00 /Year
IT & Technical