Senior Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Senior Applications Developer will be responsible for development, integration, and maintenance of the Interactive Voice Recognition (IVR) and Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) applications. This is a key technical position with a strong understanding of application development, architecture components and database usage. This position will also support transformation of existing applications to modern technologies in CRM-CS as future opportunities
The Senior Applications Developer provides input and support for, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements. This position provides input to applications development project plans and integrations. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration, and maintenance. He/She provides input to department and project teams on decisions supporting projects.
- Knowledge of DevOps CI/CD process, Nunit, Vulnerability scanning tools (Burpsuite, ZAP), TFS, GIT
- Familiarity with OpenShift, IIS, Signal-R, Multi-threading, HTTP Modules, SOAP and RESTful Services
- Technical Analysis
- Troubleshooting skills
- Work Estimation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical ability
- Ability to plan and organize
- Problem solving skills with the ability to work effectively with users and management staff
- Must be able to scope and estimate efforts accurately, prioritize tasks, multitask, and communicate progress and expected milestones to lead
- Must work well independently as well as within a team environment and be able to technically guide and mentor junior members
- Self-motivated, dependable and proactive
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or the equivalent in education and work experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law