LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
The Sr. Administrative Assistant reports to the Associate Director of Corporate Accounting and supports the administrative needs of all the Directors in the CAO organization and their teams. This professional will be responsible for calendar management, oversee domestic and international travel arrangements and expense reporting, scheduling and coordinating meetings, purchase requisitions and vendor payments, as well as data gathering for monthly and quarterly reports.
A critical aspect of this role will be to maintain confidentiality with all daily activities and assignments and the ability to handle multiple tasks supporting a large size organization.Roles & Responsibilities
- Professionally represent the CAO organization to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment.
- Proactively manage requests and schedules to appropriately accommodate and prioritize meetings, conference calls and interviews.
- Coordinate and manage domestic and international travel arrangements, prepare travel itineraries and prepare/submit expense reports.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings and conferences, including hotel and food service.
- Work with other assistants including but not limited to providing back up support as needed.
- Observe safety and security procedures including the scheduling of monthly safety meetings.
- Be available outside regular business hours to provide support as needed.
- Manage multiple calendars.
- Manage internal intranet (Elements) pages and act as Elements super user for CAO teams.
- Provide purchasing support for both p-card and purchase requisitions.
- CPE administrative duties.
- Assist on finance initiative teams.
- PwC auditor's building security and onboarding contact.
- High School diploma required.
- A minimum of five years administrative experience including working effectively in high-pressure situations while managing multiple tasks and handling confidential and sensitive information (such as financial and employee data) with tact, diplomacy and sensitivity.
- Exceptional customer service approach and philosophy.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent fluency in the English language - comprehension, verbal, written.
- Able to work independently and to initiate administrative improvements; needs limited guidance from supervisor.
- Well-honed organizational skills-manage workflow & projects effectively and timely.
- Able to manage & prioritize multiple projects at the same time.
- College degree preferred, Associates or Bachelors.
- CPS or CAP preferred.
- SAP experience is preferred.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston