Duration: 6+-Contract to hire
Responsible for working cross-functionally to help design and optimize business solutions, processes, and analytics for our clients. You will support process and system design improvement projects and product launches through all phases of the project life cycle. This is a customer-facing Subject Matter Expert (SME) role where the ideal candidate can speak to both business process and technical capability.
- Work with Supply Chain and Master Data Capabilities by interacting with Product Manager to analyze existing business processes, systems, and analytical tools to identify and document pain points and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop detailed documentation (gap analyses, process flowcharts, decision tables, etc.) to aid in the understanding of business requirements and potential solution options in the areas of Demand Planning, Inventory Control, Sales History, Sell Through Analytics, and Master Data.
- Consult a broad group of stakeholders to understand all requirements; negotiate a process/system solution that will meet the needs of the broader group.
- Provide input and testing regarding the usability and performance needs of the solution, assisting technical teams in establishing the technical design for the project.
- Lead meetings to ensure business requirements are communicated to and understood by IT teams and business users.
- Provide input and support to the business during the implementation phase, including carrying out software user testing, composing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and/or conducting user training and implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 8+ years of business process improvement experience, either as a Business Analyst or in a functional business role.
- Prior experience in the areas:
- Demand Planning – Overall demand planning process including acquisition of applicable data, alignment of data, statistical modeling, adjustments, output, consensus, tracking/monitoring, etc. Strong preference for an individual who has 2+ years as an actual demand planner.
- Inventory Control – Strong working knowledge of inventory management in the areas of receiving, transfers, repack, outbound shipments, manual adjustments.
- Sales History – Transactional data, definition and support of analytics and reporting, order management processes, etc.
- Sell Through Analytics – Working knowledge of how Sell Through process/data/analytics (e.g., manufacturer Sales to Independent Distributor; then Independent Distributor Sales to End-Customer; how distribution networks operate; etc.) is represented in a manufacturer and distributor go-to-market process.
- Master Data – Strong understanding of the inter-relationships of data throughout systems and processes.
It pays to network! Ask me how Ascent rewards for hired referrals.