Sr. Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Sr. Applications Developer provides input and support for, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements. This position provides input to applications development project plans and integrations. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration, and maintenance. He/She provides input to department and project teams on decisions supporting projects. The Sr. Applications Developer will perform the application development tasks for the Package Reporting Repository (PRR) application using IBM’s Infosphere DataStage ETL tool.
- Works independently as DS developer with responsibilities for analysis, design, coding & all test phases
- Documents all code changes, adheres & follows development standards
- Supports & promotes the reuse of assets/artifacts
- Be part of rotation cycle for off hour production support
- Hands-on experience for complex ETL design & development using DS v11.5
- Should understand Facts & Dimension schemas, SCD & ETL stages
- High proficiency in Oracle SQL & PL/SQL with strong relational database concepts
- Identifies & communicates issues appropriately to management & business users
- Experience with Linux Application Development, SQL & PL/SQL
- Knowledge of Agile Development, MVS/JCL, Oracle
- Passion, Initiative, Excellent communication skills, Motivated performer with ability to work independently in short timeframes, detail oriented, organized, professional, energetic & team player, strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Minimum of 6 years of in-depth ETL analysis, design & development experience with IBM InfoSphere DataStage
- Knowledge of Linux shell scripting; Knowledge of m/f TSO, JCL & PROC; Knowledge of EBCIDIC/ASCII/Complex Flat Files that originate from m/f & handling of these files in DS in a Linux environment
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- DataStage v11.5 knowledge preferred
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law