Sr. Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Sr. Applications Developer role for the Payroll Technical Debt and Payroll Transformation Project. Responsibilities include working on the various Tech Debt initiatives for Payroll. Learn and master the current payroll application to eventually onboard the Payroll Transformation Project. The current responsibilities also include development activities, maintenance and support for Payroll System for the processing within the Payroll System.
Senior application developer plays a key role in system analysis, design and development. Provides technical guidance to global development team to ensure quality deliverables. Translates business and functional requirements to meet stated business needs. Preferable for applicant to have hands on experience with Agile/DevOps and actively move the group to further this methodology.
He/She will be playing a senior role in Tech Debt Project deliverables and the technology transformation for Payroll from legacy mainframe to a new platform. skills to be able to understand and convey technical solutions with other developers. The ability to plan and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines. Minimum Qualifications:
- Advance mainframe experience in COBOL, MVS/JCL, File Aid, Intertest, Expediter, BMC/IBM DB2 Utilities, CICS Programming, DB2 Application Programming and MQ
- Knowledge of People Strategy, IBM Rational Developer/EGL, .Net, Java, SQL, DevOps, Agile methodologies and cloud migration and deployment a plus
- Advanced-level proficiency in Linux Application Development
- Experience in Word, Excel, Visio and MS Project necessary
- Intermediate experience with Java Programming, SQL Language and SQL Programming is a plus
- Intermediate knowledge in Agile Development, Agile, Scrum Concepts
- Strong planning, analysis, decision making and effective verbal and written communication and Troubleshooting skills
- Advanced experience in Adaptive/Applicable, Requirements Analysis, Technical Analysis and Troubleshooting skills
- Detail-Oriented, Accountability, Team Leadership & Motivation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Must have problem solving and application development skills with 7+ years’ experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law