Sr. Applications Developer - Multiple Locations
Position is open to candidates in the following locations: New Jersey and Georgia
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
This Senior Applications Developer will be part of the Customer Data Management (CDM) Team. He/She will develop and maintain MDM Components and is responsible for the overall integrity of MDM code within the solution. The Senior Applications Developer:
- must conduct quality assurance reviews of all development deliverables.
- resolves software issues and escalates through IBM software group as needed.
- provides project updates related to technical tasks.
- helps with design and define Code deployment of MDM Optimization.
- must understand the business requirements and functional specification and creating mapping documents based on high level design documents.
The Senior Applications Developer provides input and support for, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements. This position provides input to applications development project plans and integrations. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration, and maintenance. He/She provides input to department and project teams on decisions supporting projects.
- Experience with IBM InfoSphere MDM Application development
- Good understanding of IBM InfoSphere MDM architecture (Standard/Virtual, Advanced/Physical and Hybrid),
- Experienced in complete Agile/ Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) design, development, integration and maintenance of applications working on Master Data Management (IBM MDM) technologies.
- Hands-on technical knowledge of MDM Command line utilities and MDM Upgrades
- Working experience on WebSphere application server
- Advanced Knowledge of Java Programming, J2EE, EJB
- Expert in scripting on Linux Operating System
- Knowledge of Windows Operating System
- Ability to understand Complex Data Models and Business Processes relating to Master Data Domains
- Strong Analysis and Prioritization skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law