Sr. Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Sr. Applications Developer provides input and support for, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements. This position provides input to applications development project plans and integrations. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration, and maintenance. He/She provides input to department and project teams on decisions supporting projects.
The Sr. Applications Developer will maintain and create new functionality for a backend data warehouse application to meet the demand of upcoming Brokerage projects.
- Perform analysis of requirements, develop designs, code, test and deliver the UCDX application
- Troubleshoot problems experienced by customers or users
- Evaluate emerging cloud technology that can be used to enhance existing processes
- Assist with testing and setup with integrated systems
- Contribute towards improving the development process with the rest of the brokerage team
- Must have experience in developing in a cloud environment, preferably Microsoft Azure
- Must have knowledge of and experience with Java, Spring Boot, and SQL Server
- Must be a team player
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with working in Linux and windows PowerShell
- Experience following the in an Agile methodology
- Java Programming - Expert
Advanced-level proficiency with:
- SQL Programming
Intermediate-level proficiency with:
- Client Server Architecture
- Microsoft Team Foundational Server (TFS)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or the equivalent and/or work experience
- Experience with C#, Apache Spark
- Experience with data warehousing
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law