Sr. Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
This Sr. Application Developer will be involved in many projects within the CRM Sales Department, initial position will be implementation of a Contact Preference Center SaaS solution. They will support the configuration and implementation of the Contact Preference Center (CPC) SaaS solution. This will require heavy collaboration with the vendor, Business Sponsor, Architects, and interfacing applications. Develop a deep understanding of the requirements, UPS Infrastructure, and Vendor Product. Involvement in Agile development including the analysis of requirements, estimating, design, code, test and deployment to meet business requirements. Collaborate with team and supports the integration of emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of business objectives. Minimum Qualifications:
- Intermediate experience in Agile Development, Agile and Scrum Concepts, Agile Development, Java Programming and Windows Operating System
- Beginner knowledge in Angular 2
- Adaptive/ Applicable and takes Initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills ability to work independently and also collaborate with strong team skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in: Azure AD, SQL Server, SSIS, Linux Scripting, Windows batch scripting, API calls (REST and SOAP), Windows OS Management and PowerShell, MQ Concepts, ETL and Java. Knowledge of Angular, Core.net, OpenShift, and Jenkins/Pipeline a plus
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law