One of our top clients has an immediate need for Senior Cloud Engineer. In this position you will perform a range of activities required to both maintain and continuously automate a large, complex virtualization and cloud-based computing environment. In addition, you will provide technical guidance within the team and, when called upon, serve as a technical liaison between internal departments.
Day to Day:
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for cloud and virtualization end-to-end architecture and IaaS, as well as PaaS and SaaS solutions such as AWS RedShift.
• Develop and maintain a library of deployable, tested, and documented automation design scripts, processes, and procedures.
• Enable DevOps development activities and complex development tasks that will involve working with tools such as Docker, Kafka and container management systems.
• Provide advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex cloud computing environment
• Design, configure, implement and support an automated workflow for cloud and virtual environment provisioning
• Implement production changes during defined maintenance windows and support on call rotation
• Perform cloud computing and virtual environment build-outs, software installation, maintenance and support
• Write and maintain documentation of relevant operating procedures and processes.
• Design, develop, and build the business’s cloud infrastructure architecture