The primary purpose of this job is to manage engineering functions. Identify and evaluate procedures and process equipment required to produce a quality product. Responsible for electrical design and programming for specialized equipment. Designs, codes, installs, and tests software for machine/motion controllers and machine's operator interface. Generates and maintains electrical schematics (meeting applicable electrical codes, primarily NFPA 79 and pertinent parts of NFPA 70 and NEC). Provides technical support and training. Researches and tests technologies and available components for future generations of automated machines.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Adheres to Integer's Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, , company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Drive Automation Improvements to impact Operator Safety, Machine Efficiency, and Plant capabilities
- Responsible for the design, specifying, budget preparation, planning and scheduling, procurement, installation and commissioning of capital projects
- Develops and implements new processes and equipment for improved performance and/or cost reduction. Works closely with other departments to ensure proper implementation of new processes and designs into production.
- Investigates the use of alternate equipment, materials or vendors to achieve improved performance and/or cost reduction. Maintains key technical interface with vendor base.
- Provides engineering support, technical guidance and training to plant personnel
- Experience with Adept Omron & Epson robots, Allen-Bradley suite of tools, Cognex systems , Keyence, Banner, SMC
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in related field. Master's degree preferred. Mechanical/Manufacturing
or Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: 7-10 years of experience
Excellent analytical trouble shooting and computer skills as required by stated accountabilities. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and word processing software. Advanced statistical knowledge. Knowledge of Lean Methodology.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to lead team activities. Strong ability to act as a mentor and coach. Ability to work in a team environment. Advanced problem solving skills. Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Experience in medical devices and knowledge about clean room requirements preferred. Previous exposure to ERP software for generating reports preferred.
Prior hands-on experience with Cognex Vision systems, Allen Bradley and Epson robotics preferred