Sr. CYTOGENETIC TECHNOLOGIST
The Cytogenetics Technologist is responsible for performing all routine and special Cytogenetics procedures, microscopic analysis, and maintaining quality control. With minimum supervision, this position will participate in trouble shooting, and training of other employees.
● Perform Cytogenetic scanning/analysis of chromosomes
● Perform culture initiation, harvesting of cell & staining slides
● Summarize test results utilizing ISCN nomenclature
● Review test requisition to gather pertinent details for analysis
● Distinguish between normal and abnormal test results
● Reagent preparation and reagent labeling
● Perform and evaluate trouble shooting, document all corrective actions as needed
● Quality Control, document daily performance criteria of reagents and equipment
● Assist in the validation of new test methods/instrumentation/reagents
● Comply with LabCorp policies and procedures.
● Provide assistance to non-technical staff and trainees as needed
● General lab support duties to include: filing, label making, obtaining or ordering supplies, collating slides or files
● Other duties and responsibilities as assigned