Sr. Data Engineer
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
Please note: our offices are currently closed due to the pandemic and our employees are working from home. Once our offices reopen, this position will transition to working in either of our Rockville, MD, Bedford, MA, Naperville, IL, Irving, TX or NYC offices.
As a Sr. Data Engineer you will be part of the Data Engineering team responsible for developing and deploying Engineering and Integration solutions. Primary responsibility will be to work closely with the Data Architects and Machine Learning Team to implement data solutions for the organization using Python, Java, Kafka and other big data solutions, creating technical specification documents and test plans. Also provide support for the data solutions across the enterprise.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
• Work with business users, technology teams, and executives to understand their data needs to create innovative solutions to fulfil them
• Design, organize, and implement data structures, workflows, and integrations between enterprise platforms to ensure the accurate and timely execution of business processes.
• Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines and build out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
• Guide decisions and establish best practices on data integration/engineering, as well as the future of our data infrastructure
• Manage and improve the performance of our database, queries, tools, and solutions
• Create and maintain data warehouse, databases, tables, SQL queries, and ingestion pipelines to power reports(Tableau), dashboards, predictive models, and downstream analysis
• Write complex and efficient queries to transform raw data sources into easily accessible models for our teams and reporting platforms
• Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling
• Identify and analyze data patterns
• Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
• Work with analytics, data science, and wider engineering teams to help with automating data analysis and visualization needs, advise on transformation processes to populate data models, and explore ways to design and develop data infrastructure
• Other duties as assigned