Sr. Data Engineer
Location: Englewood, CO
This position will be responsible for the development of Enterprise level reporting and analytical solutions at Starz. This position includes development, enhancements, maintenance, troubleshooting, and implementations that utilize our corporate data tools.
- Develop, test and maintain optimal data processing pipelines and related architectures, ensuring the overall solution will support business requirements.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using cloud-native technologies
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements
- Develop and implement processes for data modeling, mining and production
- Employ a variety of languages, tools and techniques to marry systems and the data generated from those systems together to maximize the strategic value of the data.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, retention, behavior and other key business performance metrics.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our products.
- Recommend and implement ways to improve/ensure data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Employ sophisticated analytics, statistical methods and machine learning to prepare date for use in predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- Explore and examine data to find hidden patterns.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Discover opportunities for new data acquisition
- Be prepared to translate findings to key stakeholders.
- Any other responsibilities that are necessary to achieve the strategic goals of the SVP, Data Products & Engineering and the rest of executive leadership
- 4+ years working directly as a member of a technical team, preferably developing/supporting/innovating for a consumer-facing analytics product.
- B.S. in Computer Science, EE or Mathematical Science
- Web Server Frameworks: Flask, Node.js,
- Front-end Frameworks: React/Redux, Angular.js
- Database Systems: Redshift, Pig/Hive, Snowflake, MongoDB, Redis, MySQL/PostgreSQL, Solr, Elasticsearch
- Orchestration: AWS EC2/ECS/Lambda/EKS, Kubernetes, docker-compose, ansible, Cloudformation
- Data Processing: Spark, Spark Streaming, Kafka, Kinesis, Pandas, Airflow, CUDA, Argo, Luigi
- Machine Learning: Scikit-learn, Spark ML, Tensorflow
Bachelor's Degree is preferred, but not required
Expected Start Date:
Would like for this individual to start ASAP
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.