Job Title: Sr. Data Management Specialist
Location: Charlotte, NC
Type: 6 Month Contract to Hire
Start Date: ASAP
Our large healthcare client in North Carolina is looking for a Senior Data Management Specialist. The role is responsible for providing custom data solutions for a wide range of medical research projects. Eligible candidates must be able to translate requirements into an actionable data management plan. This includes, but is not limited to: designing, coding, debugging, testing, deploying code/processes, and communicating results. Primary use of SAS and SQL to manipulate data. This person is expected to interact regularly with clients
- Designs and develops research databases and data systems to client specifications under general direction.
- Sources, integrates and organizes data from a variety of data systems, primary data collection and other data sources.
- Creates data management plans for large research studies.
- Manages training when necessary, inclusive of course development and delivery. Ability to break down complex problems into manageable tasks.
- Leads projects in one or more aspects of the information systems lifecycle (product selection, business requirement definition, communication, implementation, issue resolution, production support).
- Ensures successful completion of assigned projects on schedule, within budget.
- Great communication skills and the ability to interact with clients both internally and externally
- SAS and SQL proficiency. Must be able to write code given the environment, test, and validate results
- Bachelors degree required
Nice to Have
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Data Analytics, Statistics or another related field preferred.
- Formal training in a variety of information systems technology preferred: desktop applications (MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint), databases (MS-Access, REDCap, Oracle, Netezza, etc.), software development packages, programming languages.
- 2 years' experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.