TEKsystems has partnered with one of the country's largest cable networks in search of a Data Scientist to support their new streaming service platform. This is based in New York, NY but can sit 100% remote.
Top skills required:
- 5+ years in Data Science with at least a M.S. (PhD preferred) in Statistics or related discipline.
- Expert level knowledge of statistical inference, advanced statistical learning, Bayesian analysis, and other areas of mathematical statistics.
- Strong skills in analytical and programming languages (Python, R, Java, Scala) and data processing technologies (SQL, PySpark)
This is supporting our new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs of TV trivia night.
Sr. Data Scientist will be responsible for creating analytical solutions for one or more verticals of our video streaming service including, but not limited to, automated marketing, personalized advertisement, commerce and revenue optimization systems, customer journey and CRM solutions.
In this role, the Sr. Data Scientist will use advanced data science methodologies including collaborative filtering, deep learning, reinforcement learning, on-line modeling etc. and work closely with business owners, teammates and engineers to build a state-of-the-art real-time video streaming service.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop predictive models using statistical, machine learning and data mining methodologies.
• Apply cleansing, discretization, imputation, selection, generalization etc. to create high quality features for the modelling process.
• Work with business stakeholders to define business requirements including KPI and acceptance criteria.
• Use big data, relational and non-relational data sources to access data at the appropriate level of granularity for the needs of specific analytical projects. Maintains up to date knowledge of the relevant data set structures and participate in defining necessary upgrades and modifications.
• Collaborate with software and data architects in building real-time and automated batch implementations of the data science solutions and integrating them into the streaming service architecture.
• Drive work on improving the codebase and machine learning lifecycle infrastructure.
• Advanced (Master or PhD) degree with specialization in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research or another quantitative field or equivalent.
• 5+ years of combined experience in advanced analytics in industry or research.
• Experience in being a lead data scientist on large projects.
• Deep knowledge of statistical methods and machine learning with special emphasis on the advanced algorithms like neural networks, SVM, random forests, bagging, gradient boosting machines, k-means++, deep learning or reinforcement learning. Expert level in 5+ classes of algorithms.
• Experience implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems using Google Cloud.
• Experience with data visualization tools and techniques.
• Understanding of algorithmic complexity of model training and testing, particularly for real-time and near real-time models.
• Proficient in at least one statistical (R, Python) and one programming (Julia, Java, Scala or similar) languages.
• Strong skills in data processing using SQL and PySpark.
• Working experience with deep learning, particularly in the areas different form the computer vision.
• Experience with reinforcement learning based systems.
• Experience with multi-billion record datasets and leading projects that span the disciplines of data science and data engineering
• Knowledge of enterprise-level digital analytics platforms (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.)
• Experience building streaming data pipelines using Kafka, Spark or Flink
• Experience with large-scale video assets
• Team oriented and collaborative approach with a demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new methods and tools
• Pride and ownership in your work and confident representation of your team to other parts of the organization
Data Science, Python, SQL, R, Statistics, GCP, PySpark, Statistical Analysis, erpss, daiss
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Masters or PhD in Stats or Math Strong experience in Statistical Analysis and Model Development
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.