Title: Sr. Desktop Systems Administrator
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: 10 months contract with potential extensions
This is a key position responsible for ensuring the absolute best technical service and support is provided to our customers. This position will fill three primary roles within the End User Support Group. The first role is the efficient and customer focused resolution of end user support issues assigned. The second role is to act as the technical expert for the group and primary escalation point for all issues that others in the group were unable resolve.
- Works on extremely complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires and evaluation of intangible variables.
- Provides second level support to all individuals in the end user support organization.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments, making recommendations to management when unable to resolve issues.
- Shortens time, reduces cost and improves quality of technical support and issue resolution for staff and partners and drives this improvement through the entire desktop support team.
- Manages and drives process improvement through implementation of new and refinement of existing Desktop Systems such as Help Desk and PC Management systems. This work includes but is not limited to centralized management of end user connection software, such as Internet Explorer, Telecommunication and Telecommunication communications applications and other software.
- Coordinates the testing, preparing, and deploying of new software, enhancements and upgrades.
- Coordinates implementations and helps implement new software and hardware upgrades.
- Researches, tests, and resolves complex desktop hardware and software problems expeditiously and with minimum disruption to internal and external customers.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline is required. Equivalent experience may be accepted.
- A minimum of 8 years relevant industry experience supporting remote desktop/laptop users, email, iPhone, Microsoft Office Suite, and other related desktop applications, as well as PC and laptop imaging and repair are required.
- Extensive technical knowledge and issue resolution expertise with: Windows OS (Windows 7 and Windows 10), Office (2010, 2016, and O365), iPhone devices, MS Project and Visio, WiFi adapters and networks, Telecommunication, and Telecommunication wireless broadband devices, Help Desk Systems, Windows PC Imaging and Management Systems, user management in Active Directory and Exchange 2016, VMWare, Azure AD, Intune
- Extensive experience with desktop security and specifically local machine configuration restriction is required.
- Previous experience working in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry is preferred.
- Experience working in a GMP pharmaceutical manufacturing or other regulated environment preferred.
- Full time, contractor, 40-hrs/week, onsite in downtown San Francisco, now through end of year. Possibility this will turn into a temp to perm at the beginning of next year but really won't know for sure until then.
- Someone with great jack of all trades desktop support / hands-on user support, but not done this so long that they think they know everything and will run the place.
- This customer is very communicative and collaborative, very heavily exceptional customer service focused. Heads down technical 'geeks are NOT desired
- The customer described it as a traditional desktop support role although looking for someone seasoned and senior in the role. This could include things from imagining of machines, config of mobile devices, password resets, AD security group management, software installs, all the to helping end users troubleshoot basic connectivity questions.
- Net of it is sounds like it will include both the technical troubleshooting, debugging, etc.. but also providing the white-glove support for end users that they provide to everyone at the org so will also need good communications skills. So this will be mix of break/fix support, helpdesk tickets, and taking calls from users.