Sr. Dev Ops Engineer (Remote) - U.S. Citizens and Green Card Holders ONLY
- 7 years + experience in Dev Ops
- Ansible is a must
- Any Cloud service is Ok, but GCP is highly preferred
- Good amount scripting experience
- Terraform is a nice to have but Ansible is more important
- Need to have a Web Framework of some sort (Ruby preferred)
- This job is 100% remote from day one; however, candidates currently reside in CST or EST time zone are preferred
- S. Citizen and Green Card holders ONLY
- Compensation range - $115k-$135k plus 15% bonus. 5 weeks of hybrid PTO (lump sum)
AIC is seeking a proven Senior DevOps Engineer with at least 15 years of production systems management experience to guide our healthcare customer in establishing a robust DevOps culture for its Product Engineering Team. The result should be a scalable and dynamic development and build framework that will allow all teams to design and implement secure, cloud-based automation solutions for development, testing, and production environments.
The qualified candidate will have a firm grasp of system operational and administrative experience combined with a history of coaching teams through a modernization journey, embracing cloud platform technologies, containerization, and CI/CD. Additionally, they must be comfortable working in a distributed Agile environment and, as a result, be acutely aware of the downstream impact of applying changes in a dynamic environment.
Expected Baseline Qualifications:
- 15+ years of production systems management experience preferred, min 7 years.
- Strong Linux (Ubuntu) system administration skills
- Firm knowledge of database operations & administration
- Critical experience deploying, maintaining, and operating applications - particularly JVM and Ruby - deployed in cloud environments such as GCP, AWS or Azure as well as private co-location or E2C.
Experience working with the following:
- At least 3 years of in-depth experience building/deploying with Ansible
- Production web server management and troubleshooting - namely Apache with SSL
- Web application frameworks (e.g. Ruby)
- Bash scripting
- Database operations (MySQL)
- Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Packer)
- Docker containers
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise-level Version Control systems (e.g. Git)
- Enterprise experience with Agile Scrum practices - including automated testing
Primary Job Duties
- Responsible for maintaining the development infrastructure including Linux servers, mySQL, public and private cloud environments.
- Develop, document, and maintain solutions for operational administration, system/data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring
- Maintain a secure development infrastructure, collaborate with enterprise shared services and information security to maintain a secure environment
- Work with other security resources (internal or external) to mitigate security risks and maintain a relatively small risk profile
- Enforce all HIPAA rules and regulations in accordance with security policies and in partnership with customer's Chief Information Security Officer; support enterprise security policies and procedures, and work collaboratively with their Enterprise Shared Services team.
- Design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing, and production environments
- Develop capabilities that move the team towards continuous integration and zero downtime deploys
- Work as a partner with QA automation engineers
- Operate and administer Atlassian tools (e.g. Jira and Bamboo)
- Engineer solutions for scalability, reliability, and uptime, including ability to identify and troubleshoot performance issues like memory leaks, processing bottlenecks, database load etc.
- Participate in development operations projects including migration of servers and databases from public and private clouds including co-location and GCP
- Build and manage monitoring for production services and processes including flashboards and real time monitoring with SMS notifications
- Oversee, mentor, and/or train other DevOps and software engineers, onshore and offshore, including empowering others to learn and implement DevOps best practices.
Interpersonal Skills & Non-technical Qualifications:
- Will be able to work collaboratively in a multi-location, cross-functional team with a distributed group of stakeholders, engineers, product owners and team members.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to form consensus whether coordinating activities or plans, evaluating problems, working through obstacles or addressing issues.
- Will be expected to utilize a combination of prior experience, analytical thinking, and an awareness of program objectives when performing planning activities or mediating the resolution of conflicts or problems.
- Must be adaptive, flexible and decisive in the face of changing demands and be able to coordinate competing priorities while considering overall group/team objectives.
- Must be able to create and drive efficiencies across products and promote retrospective evaluation of processes, systems, or work items to promote a culture of constant improvement.
- Will have an eye for the details and model strong analytical and problem-solving skills for the team.
- Strong experience securing the Linux operating system - to include Apache, mySQL, and Ruby on Rails from internal and external threats
- Strong background in modernization via a cloud platform (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure)
- In addition to Bash (above) should be fluent in one other scripting language such as Python (preferred), Perl, PHP, or Ruby.
Experience with the following:
- Additional knowledge of containers e.g. Kubernetes / GKE
- Automated testing
- Test frameworks e.g. unittest, rspec, serverspec, chefspec, kitchen-ci, puppet-rspec, beaker
- Monitoring tools
- Expert knowledge of Git