NOTE: U.S. Citizens, GC and those authorized to work in the U.S (without Sponsorship) are encouraged to apply.
We are unable to Consider OPT or H1B Visa Candidates for this position.
A CRG client in the Danville/Martinsville, VA area is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join their growing, fun team.
This role will perform IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs supporting company business processes and operations. Analyzes, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software. Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems. At higher job levels, may contribute to the development, testing, evaluation or design of system or infrastructure architecture used throughout the IT solution set. We are bringing capabilities that span technology, creative, analytics, and loyalty marketing.
- Continuous improvement: Identify and implement areas of improvement with current technologies and work with senior technology leadership to ensure enhancements fit into overall technology architecture
- Incident & Problem Management: Troubleshooting, investigating, and remediate service outages and issues.
- Investigate: Lead impact assessments, root cause analysis, and remediation efforts
- Application Deployment: Work closely with software development and project management teams to support application deployments
- On Call Rotation: Participate in balanced on-call rotation, after hours and weekends
- Managing Environments: Understand, engineer, and maintain the design dependencies and integrity within client environments and service level expectations
- Monitoring: Ensure action is taken on all application/infrastructure level alerts
- System Management: Performance, Capacity management, licensing, patching and working to maintain these within defined standards for specific clients/assets for applications installed with client environments
- Automation: Identify and lead Infrastructure as Code (IaC) development efforts
- University degree in Computer Science & or Information Technology related field; or related/equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Information Technology sector
- Experience being part of a technical application support team diagnosing technical problems
- Demonstrable experience in coding and or scripting with at least 3 modern scripting languages
- 4 years supporting modern server operating systems (Linux/Windows), certifications required
- 3 years of hands on experience with major cloud platforms such as AWS and or Azure preferred
- Demonstrable experience with at least 1 configuration management tool such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- AWS Certifications (SysOps, Solutions Architect, or Developer) or Microsoft Certifications (70-532, -533, -534) are required
- Demonstrable experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment methodology and their tools such as Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), SiteCore, or Hybris
- Excellent verbal & written skills in English
- Ability and willingness to learn new software tools and applications
Category Code: JN008