Sr. DevOps Engineer (Remote) - U.S. Citizens & Green Card Holders ONLY
- 7 years + experience in Dev Ops
- Ansible is a must
- Any Cloud service is Ok, but GCP is preferred
- Good amount scripting experience
- Terraform is a nice to have but Ansible is more important
- Need to have a Web Framework of some sort (Ruby preferred)
- This job is 100% remote from day one; however, candidates currently reside in CST or EST time zone are preferred
- S. Citizen and Green Card holders ONLY
- Direct Hire -- Compensation range - $120- 135k plus 15% guaranteed individual based bonus.
- 5 weeks of hybrid PTO (lump sum)
- Outstanding health insurance
AIC is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to across the Product Engineering Team to build a DevOps culture by working with each team to design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing, and production environments. This role is responsible for developing and maintaining infrastructure as code through Ansible and Terraform. The right candidate is ready to guide teams through a modernization journey, embracing cloud platform technologies, containerization, and CI/CD.
Primary Job Duties
- Responsible for maintaining the development infrastructure including Linux servers, MySQL, public and private cloud environments.
- Develop, document, and maintain solutions for operational administration, system/data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring
- Maintain a secure development infrastructure, collaborate with enterprise shared services and information security to maintain a secure environment
- Work with other security resources (internal or external) to mitigate security risks and maintain a relatively small risk profile
- Enforce all HIPAA rules and regulations in accordance with security policies and in partnership with Chief Information Security Officer; support enterprise security policies and procedures and work collaboratively with Enterprise Shared Services team.
- Design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing, and production environments
- Develop capabilities that move the team towards continuous integration and zero downtime deploys
- Work as a partner with QA automation engineers
- Operate and administer Atlassian tools, such as Jira and Bamboo
- Engineer solutions for scalability, reliability, and uptime, including ability to identify and troubleshoot performance issues like memory leaks, processing bottlenecks, database load etc.
- Participate in development operations projects including migrating tools and products to newer technologies including BigQuery, Kubernetes, Jenkins,
- Build and manage monitoring for production services and processes including flashboards and real time monitoring with SMS notifications
- Mentor, and/or train other DevOps and software engineers, onshore and offshore, including empowering others to learn and implement DevOps best practices.
- Strong Linux (Ubuntu) system administration skills
- Strong experience securing the Linux operating system, Apache, MySQL, and Ruby on Rails from internal and external threats
- 3+ years of solid experience with Ansible
- Strong background in modernization via a cloud platform (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience working with the following:
- Apache with SSL
- Docker / Kubernetes / GKE
- High Availability SQL Server
- Experience with agile scrum practices, including automated testing
- Experience deploying, maintaining, and operating applications (particularly Ruby and JVM applications) deployed in cloud environments such as private colocation, E2C, GCP, AWS, Azure
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Fluent in at least one scripting language in addition to Bash (Python/Perl/PHP/Ruby), Python experience highly preferred
- Expert knowledge of Git
- Comfortable in a distributed agile environment
- Experience with test frameworks such as unittest, rspec, serverspec, chefspec, kitchen-ci, puppet-rspec, beaker
- Must be willing and able to communicate with the team via webcam, webconf, and phone.
- Must have access to private, quiet workspace with high-speed internet to effectively work remotely
- Must be able to travel for team-offsites twice per year and to attend vendor meetings directly related to the position in person.
Interpersonal Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-location, cross-functional team with a wide range of experience levels
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with engineers, product owners, and team members seated around the world
- Adaptable and flexible, and able to manage competing priorities
- Have an eye for the details bring strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be present on our team - we have a robust virtual culture - webcams on! Be willing to travel 3-5 times a year for team and vendor events.