Sr. Director of Digital Engineering
This is a solutions company for health care professionals powered by a network of people and technology. With more than 19,000 Team Members worldwide, the Company's network of trusted advisors provides more than 1 million customers globally with more than 300 valued solutions that improve operational success and clinical outcomes. Our Business, Clinical, Technology, and Supply Chain solutions help office-based dental and medical practitioners work more efficiently so they can provide quality care more effectively. These solutions also support dental laboratories, government and institutional healthcare clinics, as well as other alternate care sites.
The company operates through a centralized and automated distribution network, with a selection of more than 120,000 branded products and private-brand products in stock, as well as more than 180,000 additional products available as special-order items.
A FORTUNE 500 Company and a member of the S&P 500® index, the company is headquartered in Melville, N.Y., and has operations or affiliates in 31 countries. The Company's sales from continuing operations reached $10.0 billion in 2019, and have grown at a compound annual rate of approximately 13 percent since they became a public company in 1995..
Melville, NY with flex remote.
Reporting to the VP Digital Technology, the Sr. Director of Digital Engineering is responsible for all run/grow/transform technical activities of the company's new global E-Commerce platform, mobile applications and digital microservices framework. This role will be peer to the the Global Ecommerce Product Owner and jointly lead the deployment of our world class multi-market E-Commerce platform. He/she will aggressively drive forward application development across a vast portfolio of applications while ensuring performance, scalability, reusability and security of all digital platforms. This role will have multiple Agile/Scrum teams reporting to it. The Sr. Director will contribute to long-term digital transformation strategic plans and drive implementation of technical recommendations.
The Sr. Director will develop trusting and collaborative relationships throughout the business and within Information Services teams to ensure that technology implementations closely aligns with business goals. This includes meeting with technology and business partners regularly to ensure that technology offerings are consistent with vertical specific needs.
AS A SR. DIRECTOR IF DIGITAL ENGINEERING, YOU WILL:
• Provide Engineering leadership for building Digital Platforms & APIs for accelerating their digital strategy
• Partner with business product management teams to modernize the user experience, site layout & taxonomy for all digital properties developed on SAP-Commerce Cloud and iOS platforms.
• Collaborate with senior leaders in business and technology to define MVP scope for various initiatives and design solutions that align with enterprise technology strategy.
• Architect Digital Consumer experiences based on a foundation of enterprise technologies that define web content and eCommerce strategy.
• Lead multiple teams of developers, testers, architects and other technical contributors. Have responsibility for the quality of the technical solution delivered by project teams.
• Ensure the global eCommerce solution adheres to non-functional, and compliance requirements at the local markets.
• Oversee continuous development and enhancements of E-Commerce platform – including optimizing experience in areas like Product Pages, Catalog, Search, Cart & Checkout
• Take initiatives on web data by partnering with peer groups like PIM & Master data
• Support B2B initiatives by implementing required enhancements in the E-Commerce platform.
• Collaborate with business units to identify and develop true business value opportunities, understand their priorities and influence the decision on priorities, road map and timing of initiatives/deliverables
• Partner with the business unit through budget oversight, strategy and investment planning activities
• Communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of the organization regarding business unit requests and projects and initiatives.
• Accountable for execution of projects that require a high level of cross functional teamwork and are typically performed under time constraints.
• Responsible for project definition, resource planning, issue escalation, budget, risk management and delivery.
• Have a strong focus on the high quality throughout the entire process, working closely with the Quality Assurance and PMO group.
• Collaborate with enterprise and solution architecture teams for aspects related to integration with other systems
The Sr. Director of choice will possess a minimum of 10 years’ experience in software development and high performance e-Commerce systems
o 5+ years of hands-on architecture and application development experience of progressive complexity on SAP Commerce Cloud (Hybris)
o Experience with the full SAP Hybris stack including the Model View Controller (MVC) architecture and integration best practices. Strong working experience with Hybris developing/maintaining custom extensions and modules.
o At least one full cycle experience leading application development that included Manhattan Associates (MA) OMS or IBM Sterling OMS integrations.
o At least 3 years experience leading full cycle Mulesoft based integration delivery.
o Experience with iOS frameworks and app architecture.
o Hands-on experience in architecting and developing SOAP and REST web services, open API development, and SOA concepts.
o Solid understanding of the design patterns.
o Experience and passion to organize a fast-paced Agile environment
o Experience with cloud-enabled services/applications implementations and support.
o 8+ years of proven leadership experience -- coaching, developing and engaging technology teams. This includes supervisory experience
o A BA/BS and MA/MS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field strongly preferred
o Experience in B2B/B2C, high volume, transaction processing environment preferred
o Ability to work within a complex, global environment with a portfolio of several existing applications, a complex delivery team organization and multiple business lines
o Strong stakeholder management skills
o A thinker and planner, able to see potential issues and requirements ahead of time and can plan and execute them
o Ability to balance short-term tactical decisions with long-term strategic thinking
o Demonstrable leadership abilities in changing ambiguous and challenging situations
o Comfortable working in internationally distributed teams
o Strong verbal and written communication skills
A competitive package including salary, bonus and stock plan. Relocation assistance will be available.Skills:
hybris, sap commerce cloud, realsoft, B2B, ecommerce, sterling, SI partners, java, .net, System integrationTop Skills Details:
-Hybris- SAP Commerce Cloud
-Realsoft or mulesoft experience
-Lead/ Manage a team in the ecommerce or B2B sector, someone who can manage, communicate and properly train
- Hands on experience:
- Strong skills in a broad set of development
technologies: Java EE, EJB, JMS, XML, Web
-SI partners experience- integrating systemsAdditional Skills & Qualifications:
Coming from Accenture or Infosys background
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.