Job Title: Sr. Electrical Engineer – Hardware Circuit Board Design
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498
Duration: 12 Months
Role and Responsibilities:
- Senior Electrical Engineer to join the digital hardware design group within Mission Systems Communication Products Engineering.
- This position focuses on circuit board designs for digital hardware in communication products.
- This engineer will develop digital hardware circuit boards used in high performance communication products, such as sophisticated software-defined radios and data links.
- This position requires experience with digital hardware design and common digital components, such as FPGAs, Microprocessors, and DDR memory.
- This position encompasses new design and product sustaining support roles.
- The selected candidate will work closely with other staff members to assure defined requirements are consistently met in all phases of a product's lifecycle.
- Primary assignments will include use and application of electrical engineering principles and techniques to design, develop, document, verify, support, and troubleshoot digital hardware of moderate to high complexity for airborne and ground communication products.
- Perform circuit card design lifecycle activities including requirements capture, schematic capture, design documentation, signal integrity analysis, creation of board stackup and routing instructions, coordination and review of printed wiring board layout, creation of test plans, and root cause analysis.
- Perform trade studies as needed and select components necessary to implement the requirements
- Support lab design verification testing for circuit card assemblies
Candidates must have the following Experience/Skills:
- Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DOD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive knowledge of circuit design and signal integrity is expected
- Domain knowledge of digital electronics (e.g. Microprocessor/microcontroller, DSP, FPGA, ADC, DAC, etc.) and experience with digital electronics design principles and techniques, including experience working with lab equipment (Oscilloscopes, Analyzers, etc.)
- Proficiency with a schematic capture tools (examples may include Mentor Graphics Xpedition, Cadence Allegro, etc.) and signal integrity analysis tools (ex. Hyperlynx) for creation of circuit card designs.
- Working knowledge of digital circuit design parameters (e.g., throughput, rise time, clock frequencies, propagation delay). Includes knowledge of computer hardware components (e.g., processors, memory, interfaces), and characteristics (e.g., throughput, processing architecture, timing, capacity).
- Have demonstrated effective problem solving skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner and produce detailed, clear and concise technical documentation.