This contract position is with one of our direct clients. Please submit resumes to pjhala(at)divihn(dot)com or call Pratichi at (630) 847 0267 with any questions. Sr. Engineer - Disposables Duration: 4-months contract Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
Under the direction of supervisor, contribute to the design, development or enhancement of new products and processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Perform standard engineering assignments which are typically a significant portion of a larger project. Select sound techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations under the direction of the supervisor. Assess results for application, validity and conformance to specifications. Recommend material and process specifications.
2) Utilize engineering tools to solve straightforward problems (e.g., FMEA, Finite Element Analysis, Process Modeling, Design of Experiments, Mold Flow, SPC, software development).
3) Lead small project teams as needed to accomplish project objectives.
4) Monitor and report project costs including capital and cross-functional expenses. Estimate cost affected by design and/or policy changes. With supervisor, recommend capital expenditure and production methods for existing or enhanced products or processes.
5) Study and recommend techniques to improve existing products/processes.
6) Investigate new sources for raw materials or processes.
7) With supervisor, formulate and recommend engineering policies and technical work in accordance with project and business objectives.
8) Provide supervision to technicians.
- Write test protocols and reports
- Perform verification and validation tests
- Create and update engineering Design History File docs
- Use engineering principles and judgement to assess data and present results
1) Prefer experience with TQM methods (e.g. six sigma)
2) Display a solid technical understanding of engineering principles and procedures (e.g. CAD and its application or scheduling a series of technical tasks utilizing software-based tools.
3) Understand and articulate how own role ties within function or discipline
4) Demonstration application of engineering principles on individual/small projects
- 4-6 years' experience with disposables medical device design and development, design controls, GMP, engineering plastics processing (injection molding, extrusion, bonding, welding ) and testing
- Skills: Microsoft Office, proficient in Solidworks CAD, familiar with statistical analysis SW (Minitab ), design for six sigma
Background and/or Experience:
BS engineering (mechanical, industrial, biomedical) and 3-5 years related experience.
About us: DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.