Department Marketing Statement - Senior Financial Systems Analyst
The Office of Management Budget Services seeks a Senior Financial Systems Analyst to provide support to the Management, Analysis and Planning Team. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for performing data analysis, provide coordination and monitoring of system development and enhancement and provide manager with monthly statistical reports. Proficiency with the Hyperion Software is a must. The successful candidate will need have excellent communication and organizational skills and ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field with some technical writing and computer science, information system/technology work.
- A minimum of six (6) years’ experience in technical writing and computer science, information system/technology work and the analysis and reporting of automated financial systems data.
Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: Oracle Suite, Oracle Hyperion, PeopleSoft Financial System 9.1 or higher, PeopleSoft HCM (Payroll) System 9.1 or higher, and/or Cognos BI 10 or higher.
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst is a highly technical, professional application software and hardware work in support of the Office of CFO financial information and client/server computer environments. This work involves the extensive use of Oracle Hyperion, PeopleSoft Financial (FIN), PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM), Cognos Business Intelligence (BI), PS Query, Nvision Reports, Crystal Reports, and/or interfaces from Maximo and various legacy in-house developed or modified systems. Analyst must be able to document, maintain, troubleshoot, and monitor, application software and hardware. Analyst must have a knowledge of accounting/finance, finance and payroll principles, standards, policies and procedures. The incumbent is responsible for accounting/finance, budget development, financial reporting and system analysis work for all areas within CFO, including developing uniform accounting, compliance and regulatory requirements and system policies and procedures.
- Serves as project leader on major projects. Provides coordination and support of system development or enhancement/replacement projects. Prepares project status and progress reports.
- Troubleshoots production-level problems with security roles and permission lists affecting PeopleSoft’s financial, payroll and ERP systems.
- Performs data analysis, structured analysis, structured design and writes programming specifications using system development methodologies.
- Provides technical assistance and user support in all areas whether Local Area Network (LAN) or Personal Computer (PC) based.
- Assists management in selection or determination of best financial system alternatives for ACCT and the Authority.
- Serves as coordinator with overall technical responsibility for designated areas within ACCT (general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, or payroll) and for contracted-out projects.
- Responsible for supporting the monthly and annual financial close of the general ledger, transfers of payroll data to the general ledger, 1099 reporting, resolution to complex system problems and/or system debugging, analysis of system generated financial information.
- Responsible for the maintenance of allocations, trees, tables, cubes, statistical journals, application engine processes, and varied other processes necessary.
- Routinely handles internal Applications Branch technical support requirements. Examples include staff training and technical assistance in topics such as Oracle Hyperion, PeopleSoft Financials (FIN), Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM), Nvision Reports, Crystal Reports Cognos, Maximo, and various specialized software products.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job Descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.