Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Duration: 6-month contract with possible extension
- Provide counsel to managers in the identification of talent, succession plans, career development plans to assure a pipeline of talent for critical roles.
- Partners with management team to identify diverse talent sources, conduct interviews and provide selection input to managers, negotiate job offers for exempt and non-exempt positions. Efficiently coordinates interviews or oversees Recruiter in this activity.
- Provide guidance to employees and managers regarding compensation initiatives and adjustments to attract, retain and reward top talent. Work collaboratively with compensation manager/consultant to benchmark positions and make comp recommendations.
- Oversee the onboarding process including employee orientations, new hire paperwork, data accuracy and policy compliance in coordination payroll with support from HR Coordinator.
- Assists in the daily administration of Human Resources programs and services including answering questions, providing guidance and coaching teams to resolve employee issues.
- Provide guidance and counsel to managers in the preparation of organization realignment projects, assures alignment and approval, facilitates the preparation of communication plans and manages the exit/ realignment process.
- Conducts exit interviews with employees who have resigned, gathers insights and determines appropriate follow up.
- Identify training and development needs to meet business needs and share information with Training and Development Team to develop training plans.
- For area of business that the HRBP supports, facilitate the annual performance review process including the support of project plan, communications with managers and employees, coaching managers on preparing for the feedback discussions, and overseeing overall process to assure timely completion. This also includes the identification of top talent/high potentials throughout the businesses and maintaining the company system for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Manage the domestic and international employee relocation program with 3rd party administration company.
- May assist with preparation of immigration petitions, visa applications, green card applications and other required documentation.
- Typically, a BA/BS degree in Human Resources Management, Business or related field or equivalent, with 5-10 years of Human Resource generalist experience in the areas of employee relations, talent acquisition, compensation and coaching business teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects effectively
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Proficient in HRIS systems (ADP Workforce Now and Sign Now a plus.)
It pays to network! Ask me how Ascent rewards for hired referrals.