Senior HR Technology Developer
Internal UPS Title: Sr. Application Developer
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
Be an essential member of one of UPS’s most significant transformation efforts! The IT Human Capital Management team, part of the HR Transformation program, is looking for a Senior HR Technology Developer to assist with implementing technologies that will enable and shape our future HR business processes and operating model. This position collaborates with other program workstreams and with other IT and business functions to develop requirements that meet the user needs. This candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to understand and convey technical/functional solutions with developers & users. This position will serve as the primary resource for all Workday HCM Integration needs. The position will involve a great deal of collaboration with internal and external stakeholders in designing the optimal integrations that are efficient and portable. The position will also monitor changes by Workday and react to them appropriately with configuration changes and stakeholder communication.
- Accountable for assigned integrations and/or project activities assigned by technical lead or the manager
- Develops and supports API integrations between various cloud solutions and other external systems
- Partner with all workstreams including functional, reports, conversion, change management and project management in executing the project deliverables
- Develops and executes unit/system test plans; ensuring delivery of a quality product
- Implements proof of concepts to confirm feasibility of requirements
- Analyzes business requirements to determine integration solutions across various types of integrations; documentation of requirements, solutions and impacts, alternatives and final decisions
- Troubleshoots interface related issues and resolves issues in a timely manner
- Supports efforts to analyze and optimize integration performance
- Maintains proper change management documentation to satisfy the company’s internal/external audit controls
- Performs code promotions across the HR Technology landscape
- Reviews system upgrades/releases to determine overall business impact, conduct regression testing and make recommendations for future enhancements/functionality
- Maintains awareness of current trends in Workday and Service Now integrations and best practices
- Minimum of 2 years of HCM technology implementation or maintenance experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field of study or equivalent work experience
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Functional knowledge on HCM technologies and tools.
- Excellent communication skills, and the interpersonal skills needed quickly to establish relationships of trust and collaboration
- Knowledge and experience with database products, such as SQL Server or Oracle, entity relationships, SQL and Programming
- Self-motivated with a focus on driving results and strong sense of accountability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and experience with tools such as Excel and Access used to translate information and requirements into documentation and solution design
- Demonstrated experience with Excel, Visio, MS Project (or equivalent) and PowerPoint
- Desire and willingness to learn new tools, techniques, concepts, and methodologies
- Workday certification is a plus
- Hands-on experience in other Workday integrations using Studio, EIB, Complex reporting and Cloud connect
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law