Job ID: 19-06141
Title: Sr. IT Business Analyst
Location: Lincolnshire, IL
Summary: The Senior IT Business Analyst role leads business and functional requirements gathering activities, business solution design and systems analysis. This role is guided by the *** IT project management methodology in development of requirement specifications for IT projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Masters degree in Business or Advanced Information Technologies preferred.
- Industry Certifications (PMP, CBAP, Six Sigma) - preferred.
- 5 years experience in identifying and documenting business needs and specifications utilizing business analysis and system design techniques.
- 8 years experience operating in a business analyst capacity, identifying and documenting business needs and specifications utilizing business analysis and system design techniques.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across company and department boundaries at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate and lead meetings, tailoring messages to the given audience.
- Proficient in requirements gathering software support, data mining tools, Microsoft Office applications, as well as CA Clarity and BI tools – ProClarity, Cognos.
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate information, identify risks and opportunities, while possessing creative problem solving skills with an understanding of business concepts and models.
- Proven elicitation and facilitation skills of project and system requirements.
- Proficient negotiation and persuasion skills, with the ability to enable win-win resolutions.
- Proven track record of successfully supporting the needs of project team members and internal stakeholders (locally and virtually).
- Working knowledge of data processing fundamentals including entity relationship diagrams, database models, structured application design and IT infrastructure (networking and hardware).
- Demonstrate influence without authority.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict with appropriate escalation.
- History in teaching or mentoring professionals.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with stakeholders to clarify project requirements and business objectives and acquire commitments on complex projects.
- Decompose business problems quickly and work with the project team to determine the root cause and provide solution alternatives.
- Derive a detailed understanding of the stated business problem and objectives and work with the stakeholder and technical team toward resolution to achieve the objectives.
- Plan and facilitate requirements gathering utilizing focus sessions, one-on-one interviews, and job shadowing.
- Utilize advanced modeling techniques to develop high-level system narratives, presentations, storyboards, use cases and user interface prototypes.
- Work with QA team to develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Serve as the thought leader in advanced modeling techniques to help define business processes, system usage, behavior and information capture.
- Gather and prepare supporting analysis and design documentation from a business perspective.
- Act as an active contributor to SDLC process improvement by remaining current in software engineering best practices.
- Assist with alignment of project objectives and IT solutions to *** business strategies and objectives.
- Develop strong internal relationships with key stakeholders and subject-matter experts across the organization.
- Serve as an active contributor to company-shared knowledge repositories (wikis, blogs, sharepoint, intranet, etc.).
- Mentor and educate IT and business colleagues about business analysis discipline and requirements phase within development lifecycle.
- Maintain an understanding of innovative IT product capabilities, marketplace and business opportunities.
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!