A. Schulman Inc. is now part of LyondellBasell. Stay up to date with company news and updates at https://www.linkedin.com/company/lyondell-basell/. LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polymer compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2018, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.” More information about LyondellBasell can be found at www.LyondellBasell.com.
Sr. IT Security Engineer
The Security Engineer’s role is to build and maintain network security solutions for the Global Network
Security organization. This includes developing secure networks, systems/projects, and handling
technical problems that arise. Operationally, responsibilities include ensuring the enterprise network
security solutions are managed and operated effectively to include systems monitoring, health checks,
metrics, and reporting. The Security Engineer works closely with the Information Protection and
Compliance Organization, Network Team, and diverse IT and business teams to assist and coordinate
the remediation efforts. Conducts continuous security analysis on network, application, and
infrastructure components; and works across IT and business teams to develop solutions that address
root causes. Also serves as a member of the Incident Response Team.
This position reports to the Global Security Operations Manager and is located at our North American
Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K
matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
• Monitor the security of an organization’s network from threats originating from inside and outside
• Collect, and analyze data to make decisions and recommendations regarding security standards
• Conduct continuous analysis of security threat information (viruses, malicious code, industry
events, hackers and zero day exploits, OEM weaknesses, IDS/IPS and SIEM alerting, etc.) in
order to proactively assess and investigate emerging threats and potential impact to
• Implementing enterprise and Industrial Control systems security controls
• Ensure operational effectiveness of enterprise network security solutions by development and
monitoring of operational metrics and key performance indicators.
• Liaise with system and network administrators to assist with implementation and problem
resolution for enterprise network security solutions.
• Support relationship with Managed Security Services Provider for network monitoring and
incident response services.
• Configure and install firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
• Manage firewall and intrusion detection systems policies.
• Assist in the investigation of intrusion incidents, forensic investigations, and incident response.
• Collaborate with colleagues on authentication, authorization, and other network security
• Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities.
• Assist on changes in software, hardware, network, and telecommunications.
• Implement and execute LyondellBasell security standards and policies.
• Addressing security throughout the lifecycle of the architecture design from procurement to
installation to maintenance to decommissioning.