We have an immediate need for a Sr. IT Security Engineer. This is a DIRECT HIRE, PERMANENT job, NOT a contract. Candidates MUST be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP, now and IN FUTURE. This position is located in Kansas City, Kansas. Relocation assistance is possible for a highly-qualified candidate not local to the area.
In this role, you will act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for security-related matters. You will also mentor less-experienced Security Engineers. You will also play a major role in developing and implementing security practices and procedures.
- Provide expertise to the IT Security team, other infrastructure teams and Lines of Business on emerging trends, threats as well as security tools and solutions to prevent those threats.
- Deploy a robust and effective IT Security framework which will protect the business.
- Work with different teams across the company to ensure security best practices and to educate on good security policies and procedures to minimize threats.
- Recommend security tools and solutions for inclusion in the environment.
- Provides recommendations to expand the flexibility and efficiency of systems to meet changing needs of departments