Job Title: Sr. IT Technical Operations Engineer - Temporary
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Type: 6 Months Contract
Come be a vital role in our Information Technology department with advanced technical skills and a strong focus on customer service. As Sr. IT Technical Operations Engineer - Temporary, this individual will play a key role in support and delivery of IT services. The successful candidate will be a team player that understands the importance of collaboration but can also take direction and drive the resolution of issues to completion with minimal supervision. This individual will use extensive technical expertise, problem-solving skills, and service dedication to drive the continuous commitment of IT service to the business. This position will be based in our South San Francisco office.
- Provide primary advanced technical support for IT systems deployments.
- Responsible for design and configuration of applications, support processes, and activities
related to systems deployment.
- Work with business units to identify, prioritize, and resolve issues impacting systems and
- Participate in change control within operations of IT environment.
Provide varying levels of technical assistance to end users as a component of managing
- Perform system administration on multiple core IT platforms as trained/required (Domain,
- Troubleshoot system outages and other issues impacting systems and processes.
- Provide documentation for the preparation, deployment, procedures, and design of IT
- Understand verification regarding acceptable performance and accessibility of newly
deployed IT solutions.
- Work with third party vendors/partners to design, deploy, and support IT solutions.
- Work schedule includes out of normal work hours for IT support, maintenance, or other
activities as required
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/work experience with 3-5+ years
of relevant experience supporting IT environments and solutions in an administrator or
technical expert role.
- Experience provisioning new IT solutions in support of business processes.
- Experience using multiple tools to collaborate remotely with staff and contractors.
- Experience with administration of IT platforms is preferred (Active Directory, Group
Policy, Box.com, Office 365, Okta, Skype)
- Strong experience with Windows Operating Systems (7,8,10, Server 2012, 2016)
- Understanding of network connectivity and troubleshooting related user issues
- Demonstrated understanding of IT Support as part of a business function (SLAs, ITIL
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
- Successful experience in a mid-size corporate environment, strong collaborator in a team atmosphere, thrives on new challenges, and has a demonstrated history successfully executing technology solutions for business challenges.
- Models our Values: Be Bold: Find a Way, Care Deeply, Get Stuff Done is experienced as someone who exemplifies the culture we want to create; operates with transparency; is trusted
- Exposure to validated environments, change management, and regulations.
- Experience supporting mid-size biotech/gene therapy IT infrastructure
- Experience supporting users and applications in a lab environment.
- Experience with systems and application used in GxP manufacturing facilities.
- Experience in a small company and high growth, fast-paced environment
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference! IND05