LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
In this role the IH professional will be responsible for understanding and effectively communicating the implications of state and federal Health and Safety regulations. The successful candidate must be able to proactively identify workplace hazards and work with the site management team to implement cost-effective solutions. This position serves as a key role in the site's Industrial Hygiene program.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develops and executes the site annual IH monitoring program and site comprehensive exposure assessment process
- Makes recommendations to the plant for improvements based on monitoring results
- Develops, implements and maintains assigned site Health and Safety procedures and training programs
- Performs field verification for various programs. (auditing of IH related programs such as silica, asbestos, radiation, lead, etc.)
- Develops site Health and Safety procedures and helps functional groups translate requirements into practice
- Supports role for emergency response which may require the use of SCBA and other appropriate PPE. The incumbent will also establish and maintain an effective fence line monitoring program
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced Health & Safety Department personnel
- This position networks with other company representatives to gain information on compliance strategies and ideas for compliance alternatives, shares this information within the company, and utilizes this information in working with the site on compliance strategies
- Lead the development and implementation of IH planning for turnaround and outage activities.
- Completion of annual exposure assessment plan and reporting to management of findings
- Completion of annual H&S program reviews as assigned
- Successful follow through on assigned action items from Impacts & Incident Investigations
- Successful completion of annual performance goals
- This position will also have occupational safety responsibilities
- BS/MS in Industrial Hygiene or related science.
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrated IH experience, preferably in the chemical, petrochemical, refining or industrial environment.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, Industrial hygiene methodologies and equipment
- Has understanding of additional areas such as occupational health, toxicology, epidemiology and occupational medicine.
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to help the HSE department, operations, and other functional groups implement those process changes or procedures necessary to comply with regulations.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston