Title: Sr. Information Security Engineer
Location: Akron, OH
Type: 3 Month Contract
Note: This contractor will be expected to be primarily be onsite in the greater Akron, Ohio area.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for security tool sets
- Work with Care & Unity Network Health/Hospital security teams to implement new software, policy configurations & settings
- Evaluate and recommend security controls and tooling for on-premises and cloud infrastructure
- Develop innovative approaches and solve complex problems
- Liaise with Business and IT Groups in the security analysis, design and planning phases of IT and business-related projects
- Create and maintain new and existing playbooks/runbooks, work with multi-functional team members to maintain high-quality work standards
- Evaluate vulnerabilities that exist and make recommendations for remediation
- Ensure day-to-day operational tasks are performed and security metrics are relevant and current
- Maintain expertise in the area of Information Security, including industry trends, strategies, vulnerabilities and threats to ensure the company's assets are effectively and appropriately secured.
- Participate in security incident response processes on a per-occurrence basis
- Participate in an on-call support as needed Required
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of information security experience in (or consulting with) large companies or 10+ years' experience with no degree
- Experience with cyber security standards/organizations (such as ITIL, NIST, COBIT, IETF, IEEE)
- Security+, CISSP, CISM, or CISA certification Network/application/system vulnerability and threat management experience.
- Excellent verbal as well as written executive communication and presentation skills
- Tanium security platform administration Thycotic (PAM) administration
- Experience with Microsoft Defender ATP Experience working in a large enterprise Competencies and Best Practice for High Performers (List competencies and at least two behavioral anchors for each):
- Self-motivated with critical thinking abilities Ability to host in-person as well as teleconference meetings
- Strong understanding of endpoint security solutions
- Proficiency with MS Excel and MS Visio
- Proficiency with MS TEAMS
- Healthcare Industry experience
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!