Senior Level Information Systems Security Officer – Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Leidos, Inc. is currently looking for a Sr. Level Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to support a large customer program. This program includes multiple administrative and operational networks which are customized for the customer’s missions. Candidate will be responsible for protecting the organization's information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording and destruction. Applicant must be able to multitask, adapt to a fast-paced environment, possess the ability to apply analytical, customer service, and critical thinking skills. Duties will consist of managing and enforcing security strategies and policies within established guidelines. Areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparing assessment & authorization packages to obtain approvals to operate IAW ICD 503, CNSS 1253 and NIST 800-53’s applicable revision.
Job Duties Include:
- Provide consulting to Agencies on Requests for Service for the design, development, and deployment of Ongoing Assessment, Ongoing Authorization, and other Information Assurance (IA) initiatives
- Provide continuous monitoring to enforce client security policy and procedures and create processes that will provide increased visibility to system owners on impacts to the security posture of systems
- Ensure system security measures comply with applicable government policies
- Monitor configuration management changes and assess the impact of modifications and vulnerabilities for each system
- Ensure that system security requirements are addressed throughout the project and system lifecycle
- Ensure effective controls and processes are in place and working effectively to maintain a strong system security posture.
- Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analyses to support Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities
- Review system security A&A package submissions for consistency, completeness and traceability ensuring compliance
- Develop, maintain, and facilitate the appropriate closure of POA&Ms and facilitate with the Agency-designated security Point of Contact (PoC)/ISSO any related remediation activities
- Understand and monitor operations processes, including but not limited to, the Incident Response Process and Communications Process, to ensure that they are followed properly at Agencies in accordance with specific policies and procedures
- Ensure the development, documentation, and presentation of IS security education, awareness, and training activities for users and others, as appropriate
- Ability to manage multiple high visibility security projects and adjust to quick shifts in customer priorities while meeting all mission requirements
- Familiarity with controlling, labeling, virus scanning, and appropriately transferring data (uploading/downloading) between information systems at varying classification levels;
- Performing Nessus scans and other vulnerability tools and interpreting the results
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical information and information technology jargon into plain English
- GSEC Security Essentials
- GIAC Information Security Fundamentals
- BA or BS degree in a related field and 12+ years of experience in a broad range of assignments in technical ISSO tasks, or
- MA or MS degree in a related field and 10+ years of experience in a broad range of assignments in technical ISSO tasks
- 6+ years working in an information security role for classified computer networks/systems
- Will substitute additional experience in lieu of degree
- TS/SCI with Polygraph is required. Candidates without this level clearance will not be considered.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.