The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will ensure a high performance, flexible, and cost-effective IT Infrastructure environment that meets business requirements. This includes designing, developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly server infrastructure including virtualization, office 365 and azure, network infrastructure, data communications, storage infrastructure, and backup technologies.
• Design, develop, test, and assist in the implementation of computer system technologies including cloud infrastructure, backups, email, virtualization, SAN, AD, security applications, desktop and server operating systems.
• Collaborate with IT Management and Infrastructure vendors to develop standards, architecture, and strategic plans.
• Provide Level 2 support for issues relating to infrastructure components including backups, Azure\Office 365, SAN, VMWare, Windows server and desktop operating systems
• Perform Network Administrator functions for corporate infrastructure including Active Directory, Azure, servers, desktop computers, security appliances, server backups, virtualization, operating system imaging, and software deployments.
• Proactive maintenance and monitoring for all IT Infrastructure related components (Desktop, Server, and Network). Ensure the company achieves 99.99% uptime.
• Perform infrastructure related tasks to successfully implement IT initiatives based on corporate business plan.
• Assist network engineers and vendors with implementing security best practices for all corporate networking equipment including firewalls, routers, switches, and telephone system.
• Work with Information Security Officer to fully understand corporate risk and assist with the remediation of deficiencies.
• Manage expenses and pursue efficiency opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent years of experience and certifications
• Five to ten years Information Technology Infrastructure industry experience
• Relevant industry certification, such as CompTIA Server+, Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert, VCP-DCV 2020 (VMWare)
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Server Backup Technology, Windows 10, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, VMWare, SAN Technology
• Experience with Scripting Languages (Powershell/Batch), AntiVirus Software, Fixed Disk Encryption, Email Security
• Strong troubleshooting skills including the ability to handle complicated issues independently
• Advanced knowledge with TCP\IP protocols, including DNS, DHCP and associated toolsets
• Advanced knowledge with Dell and Hewlett-Packard hardware, storage device and tape arrays, UPS, and blade chassis.
• Familiarity with Enterprise Management Solution (Quest KACE platform preferred)
• Commitment to continuous learningSkills:
Azure, office 365, vmware, SAN, Cloud, migration, backupTop Skills Details:
1) Strong expertise and knowledge in Azure as it relates to bringing on prem systems into the cloud in the form of IAAS
2) Strong migration experience to Office 365
3) Strong virtualization experience with VMware (also open to other virtualization experience including Citrix)Additional Skills & Qualifications:
This person will be working on a team of 5 people and joining an infrastructure team of 17. They will have the ability of doing this job remotely until the COVID 19 situation subsides in which case this is an onsite position.
The managers team is responsible for everything except for Networking and anything UC related.
Needs someone that has expert knowledge of both Azure (cloud computing as well as Office 365 since that is what they are migrating to.
Virtualization is a must (VMware is the preference) but open to others.
This needs to be the go to person for anything new, broken, complex that has to be trouble shot. Must be acritical thinking, self/independent worker that can problem solve and work independently with minimal guidance. This person will be taking over most of the responsibilities on the technical side that the current manager has so he can focus elsewhere.
Just started migrating to 0365 and looking to move some of the infrastructure into Azure as IAASExperience Level:
**Please contact using only the email address provided**
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.