Sr. DevOps Engineer
Internal Title: Sr. Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done…our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Sr. DevOps Engineer provides input and support for, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements. This position provides input to applications development project plans and integrations. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration, and maintenance. He/She provides input to department and project teams on decisions supporting projects.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will be responsible for configuring and overseeing the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools for the Crew Program. Tools may include: Jenkins, Groovy Script, Git, TFS, OpenShift and Docker. The candidate will have familiarity with Cloud infrastructure (e.g. VMware, Kubernetes, IBM Cloud) and CI tools to help development teams produce pipeline that improve software quality. The development stack will include Java + Spring Boot, Node.js, Angular, Oracle, Couchbase, etc. He/She will have strong verbal and written communication skills and will be comfortable presenting technical strategies to development teams and other DevOps Engineers.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer primary responsibilities:
- Experience with OpenShift deployments and Linux Administration
- Knowledge of Jenkins/Git/Java
- Assisting to define and control the application CI/CD methods and process.
- Configuring, implementing and automating Continuous Delivery pipelines for software delivery teams utilizing the supported CI tools.
- Creating, implementing and providing oversight of system properties, script library and plugins.
- Working with deployment and release management tools to onboard development teams and create full release pipelines.
- Work across departments to collect and contribute to CI/CD best practices.
- Resolving build server or deployment related problems as required.
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Build Docker Images
- OpenShift Administration
- Experience with OpenShift, Linux OS, Agile Development, Couch Base, Java Programming and Linux System Administration
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law