Sr. Java Developer
12 Month Contract
12 Month Contract
As a Sr. Java Engineer, you will be helping to transform the way applications are built and data is processed by:
- Supporting a new platform on which applications will be built, leveraging a microservices architecture, Apache Kafka, Spring Boot, Docker, Angular 5 and Kubernetes.
- Leveraging this new platform through enhancing and supporting our CRM and customer loyalty program.
- Implementing CI/CD, monitoring and other DevOps practices surrounding this platform.
- Helping other engineers to learn and adopt these technologies and techniques.
- Innovating, driving, and defining high impact technology that creates solutions that positively impacts project delivery.
- Evangelizing and implementing engineering and testing best practices across the company (code reviews, SCM conventions, tools, etc).
- 5+ years of experience with Java backend development
- Previous experience with development in Spring framework, experience with Spring Boot is preferred
- Strong experience with relational and NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB
- Experience with developing RESTful services/APIs using JSON and/or XML
- Experience with messaging technologies such as MQ, JMS, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, experience with Apache Kafka is preferred
- Understanding of containerized application development with Docker
- Experience with client-side frameworks, such as Angular, React, Ember
- Strong ability and willingness to learn and adopt new technologies to help our client be more effective
- Knowledge of build scripting tools, such as Gradle, Ant, Maven, Gulp, and Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, etc.).
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.