Java Software Development Engineer, Senior
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- You will interpret design specifications for a specific segment of a particular application.
- Develop source code to perform the requirements of the application specifications.
- You will thoroughly test and debug programs using company methodology and standards to ensure accurate results and desired output.
- You will perform required maintenance documentation of software/programming activities to company standards.
- Develop and maintain software to company standards, software development methodology and conventions.
- You will interact with other departments in a positive, constructive manner in order to accomplish responsibilities.
- Promptly complete administrative tasks as required such as time reporting.
- You will provide weekend coverage and on-call duties, as required.
- Provide technical leadership to others.
- You will tackle problems using good judgment and experience.
- The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- High School/GED Diploma.
- 3 plus years’ experience with Java and Object Oriented Programming
- Experience in all phases of software development using agile methods
- Strong foundation in OO Design and multithreaded applications
Preferred Qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience with wide range of Java technologies
- Experience with Linux and/or Unix operating systems
- Experience with Groovy or other dynamic JVM languages
- Experience with Spring Framework and related Spring technologies
- Experience with containerization and cloud deployment platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, and Cloud Foundry
- Experience with JDBC, SQL and Hibernate
- Experience with and enthusiasm for open-source
- Familiarity with XML and SOAP/REST web service technologies
- Familiarity with GIT Version control systems
- Familiarity with JUnit, unit testing and continuous integration best practices
- Experience with financial systems and formats (NACHA, EDI, SWIFT, BAI, etc.) a plus
Who we are:
Find Your Forward at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 company, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 22,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with deep expertise and a dedication to innovation.
At Fiserv, you’ll find a collaborative environment that values teamwork and flexibility. Our rare combination of expertise and creative spirit helps us deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to banks and businesses worldwide. We’re helping more businesses move money faster and more easily than ever before. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Our organization provides complementary capabilities that go well beyond web online banking with multi-channel information and transaction delivery solutions customized for individual business users. We serve as the intermediary between the company and our financial institution customers; serving as the customer advocate, guiding them through implementations and updates to our software. We design and support the highest quality online banking software available.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.