Sr. Java Engineer
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talent individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
Please note: Our offices are currently closed due to the pandemic, so if offered the position you would start by working from your home. However, when we reopen later this summer this position would transition to working from our Naperville, IL office.
JOB SUMMARY: As a Sr. Java Engineer, you will formulate and define specifications for complex operating software programming applications, to work as part of a team with influence across a larger organization
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Research, construct, develop, and test complex computer application software or systems
2. Analyze business needs and design software as necessary.
3. Maintain complex computer applications software and systems
4. Coordinate cross-functional projects as assigned and interact with all areas of the organization to achieve timely results
5. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements
6. Demonstrate commitment to the Company’s core values
7. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
You will work with some supervision to construct and develop complex programming systems to support customers' application systems, relying on broad experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Work is varied with high complexity, requiring a high level of independent judgment within established guidelines. You will have direct contact with end users and managers. This position mentors less experienced team members.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 8 years of Experience in application development/Integration using technologies like WebLogic, JAVA/J2EE, Spring, SOAP & REST Web Services, Oracle and SQL databases
• Detailed knowledge of object oriented programming concepts and design patterns
• Experience with Advanced Java concepts
• Experience with Micro-Services, Service-Mesh, Kafka and API Gateway
• Good Understanding of SQL and PLSQL
• Understanding of multi-tier distributed software architectures, concurrent programming concepts, and multi-threaded applications
• Ability to mentor less experienced team members
• Experience with Jenkins or Bamboo
• Familiarity with Health Care Claims
• Ability to work in a small group and interface directly with client/project counterparts to ensure high quality project delivery on schedule with minimal oversight
• Very good experience in setting up and maintaining of WebLogic cluster environment, including Web Logic Domains, Admin Servers, Managed Servers and Node Manager
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage (low copay & deductible)
• Life insurance
• Short- and long-term disability
• 401(k) + match
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Paid company holidays
• Tuition reimbursement
• Flexible Spending Account
• Employee Assistance Program
• Summer Hours
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Engineering & Aerospace