Analyze, design, code and test multiple components of application code across one or more clients. Perform maintenance, enhancements and/or development work. The resource will be the Linux Administrator for the Innovation Team. This resource will be responsible for installing, supporting and maintaining servers or other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems. In addition, this resource will perform periodic scripting/programming of their particular system, throughout the life of the project. Duties include providing hands-on analysis of issues, issue reporting, and incident management.
- Monitors and supports the complex information technology and systems infrastructures.
* Conducts analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of complex information technology tools.
* Handles user requests for system needs and upgrades that are unique or complex and often involve additional research.
* Troubleshoots and resolves unique or complex problems in an efficient manner.
* Implements various applications of a highly complex nature.
* Administers and runs complex tests on operating system and related software.
* Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
* Performs root cause analysis and diagnostics on the more unique or complex production systems.
* Identifies opportunities for process improvements and works with team members to implement efficiencies.
* Effectively creates and maintains relevant systems documentation and user guides.
* Acts as a mentor to junior team members.
* Applies scripting methodologies to automate IT Admin related tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent relevant experience; Master's Degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in information technology, systems administration or other IT related field.
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems, System Optimization, and JBoss Application Server
- Ablity to pass a government background investigation
Other Job Specific Skills
* Advanced knowledge of Linux Operating Systems and products that include Red Hat 7, Linux Servers, etc.
* Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria.
* Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex system hardware, software or networking related problems.
* Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and resolve technical problems individually and as a senior project participant.