Title: Senior Manager, Application Support
Location: Dallas, TX
As part of a matrix based organization, this role will provide broad functional and technical expertise to lead and motivate a team of business analysts, processes experts and various applications support professionals. In addition, this role is responsible for program/project management activities for enhancements which affect applications accountable for supporting and enhancing operational areas. This role is responsible for all aspects of the development, implementation and support of large, highly complex, multi-platform initiatives. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation by defining project scope and objectives, developing detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. In addition, conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. This role will work closely with other senior leaders to lead the support of numerous business critical systems. This will include optimizing support procedures and aligning the department with industry best practices such as ITIL and ISO. This role will also play a significant role in the strategic direction of the applications portfolio and building of integration plans for migrating legacy applications to the future applications portfolio.
- Develop opportunities for cross-team effectiveness and remove organizational barriers for strong teamwork, collaboration and excellent service delivery.
- Deliver solutions that meet business goals and operational requirements on time and within budget.
- Ensures up-time and performance of the application environment; designs and develops monitoring systems that provide proactive, rather than reactive notifications to key business and IT members.
- Oversees the compilation and analysis of project activity and delivers statistical data and/or reports on project feasibility and progress. • Participates in the development of data center disaster recovery (DR) plans, including business requirements, technology solutions planning, budgeting, implementation and testing of DR plans.
- Monitor customer support teams, ensuring that reported problems are prioritized and addressed in a timely manner and that all SLAs are met.
- Proactively manages full life-cycle of IT initiatives, including overall project plan, scope, change control, risks, issues, impacts, and reporting through standardization and best practice project implementation.
- Collaborates to develop, and appropriately executes, a communication strategy, including stakeholder analysis, ongoing communications and adoption plans.
- Manages relationships across the organization and divisions to develop a thorough understanding of core business functions and align support with overall business objectives.
- Conducts quality assurance audits in support of a robust quality plan, including post-mortem assessments and suggest improvements in process or procedure.
- Ensures adherence to best practices and established policies and procedures to ensure integrity and quality of projects; develops standards and processes as needed.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices and ensures that employees observe all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injuries or damage; schedules periodic safety meetings and solicits recommended changes to improve safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Ten (10) years of experience in information technology or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience leading cross functional teams to success or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A team player with integrity, passion, initiative, and leadership ability.
- Subject matter expert (SME) in all aspects of project management and applicable business functions.
- Must be able to 'speak the language” of the business and assess needs at a fundamental level.
- Experience directly managing technical team resources.
- Adaptable to new technologies and have the business acumen to evaluate and assess new applications and processes and contribute to the long-term improvement of business systems within the organization.
- Experience managing geographically-dispersed teams, with ability to hire, lead, develop and retain top talent.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including presentation, facilitation.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong ability to use tact and skill in dealing with other staff, management and vendors.
- Excellent organization skills including prioritizing tasks in a high-pressure, unpredictable environment.
If interested, please reach out!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!