Opportunity to develop detailed design and manufacturing drawings while leading and managing a team.
- -Develop detailed design and manufacturing drawings for both manufacturing and sales while maintaining deadlines. A strong knowledge of SolidWorks modeling and drafting is required to perform drafting duties for both standard and custom manufactured products.
- -Lead, manage and develop direct reports in Engineering dept.
- -Create and Design components, assemblies and drawings using SolidWorks
- -Find and utilize vendor information to perform design layouts
- -Specify equipment requirements to customers and suppliers
- -Use standard engineering practices to develop a wide range of products
- -Create layout prints and application drawings for sales
- -Create detail fabrication drawings for shop employees
- -Creation of Bill of Materials as required
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- -6 years of experience in sheet metal fabrication design
- -Experience in automotive a plus, but not required
- -Leadership/management experience
- -Ability to multi task and handle several projects at a given time
- -Ability to troubleshoot design issues
- -Strong working knowledge of Engineering practices and ability to perform design calculations by hand
- -A mechanical background and knowledge in sheet metal fabrication
- -Effective communication skills both orally and written
- -Self-starter who can perform the tasks required with minimal supervision
- -A working knowledge of Word, Excel and 3D drafting programs is required.
- -Solidworks design exp. version 2013
- -Sheetmetal, hydraulics, electrical
- -Design for manufacturing
- -Automotive interest
- -BS in engineering
- -Ability to calculate stress/deflections by hand, no analysis program
- -Manufacturing background
- -Previous hands on machining or fab exp is a plus
- -Nesting/laser programming exp. a plus
- -Take customer specs, wish lists and design custom truck beds
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.