LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
This role reports directly to the director of cybersecurity (Digital Protection Officer) and will be responsible for providing both tactical and strategic direction, subject matter expertise, standards, and processes to analyze and produce enhanced cyber security and threat intelligence information. This includes developing an offensive security function, curating threats and potential threats to personnel, information, and information systems, providing timely and relevant intelligence to assist with mitigating cyber threats, and supporting the evaluation, implementation, and operations of tools and technologies used in advanced analysis. This role will interact frequently with the VP of Global Business Services, the director of information security, the Chief Information Officer, and other leadership roles in global business services and manufacturing regarding technology strategy and secure architecture development.Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage and support the cyber threat intelligence function
- Collaborate with the larger cyber program to improve an organization's detection capabilities, as well as, develop mitigations, signature development, and assisting incident response procedures
- Develop an offensive security program with elements of Threat Intelligence and 'Red Team' capabilities
- Be able to articulate at various levels in the organization security vulnerabilities and malicious actor tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Assess known and emerging cyber threats, evaluate the effectiveness of layered defenses, and to provide strategic recommendations on new technical and non-technical protections
- Ensure relevant threat indicators are infused in all aspects of program operations
- Deliver regular threat intelligence whitepapers and presentations to stakeholders and partners across the enterprise
- Stay current on the issues and current state of cyber security international relations, adversary tactics, and trends
- Minimum of ten (10) years' of experience in information security, or manufacturing / information technology roles with a security focus
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field, or equivalent professional experience
- Expertise and knowledge of common digital attack patterns (advanced persistent threats, social engineering, data exfiltration, etc.), cybercriminal groups and hacktivist operations, and can track, analyze, and brief new and ongoing cyber threat operations
- Considerable experience in intrusion detection/response, firewall architecture, endpoint detection, and emerging technologies
- Three years of experience in cyber threat intelligence or technical analysis with a focus on cyber threat analysis and threat modeling
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and advocacy skills, with ability to express complex, technical issues in clear and concise language to executives and technical personnel
- Have a solid understanding of cyber threats across multiple cyber threat groups/actors, targeted intrusion techniques, and distinct categories of indicators of compromise
- Understand data integration platforms, data analytics, and cyber defense architectures
- Experience with the Cyber Threat Framework (ODNI)
- Demonstrated expertise in deploying and maintaining tools to facilitate the flow of intelligence analysis and reports
- Ability to negotiate compromise between diverse parties with competing goals
- Ability to work independently in unstructured situations
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously that involve key stakeholders across a globally-distributed and federated enterprise
- Ability to travel internationally as required, up to 30%
- CISSP Certified
- Master's degree in an appropriate field, or equivalent professional experience
- Prior military or intelligence community experience and/or formal analytic training/certification
- Previous experience managing cross functional and interdisciplinary project teams to achieve tactical and strategic objectives.
- Government PSSC Secret Clearance
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston