General Description of Position:
Design and implement storage, backup, VMware solutions and provide recommendations for new products/solutions within a quickly growing and changing environment. Provide troubleshooting expertise by interfacing with multiple technical staff members and vendors to resolve complex issues. Provide support for LAN/WAN/SAN/Backup/VMware environments. Provide technical support and guidance to users. Install, configure and maintain networking equipment, such as routers and switches. You may also identify and solve issues that affect network performance, which can require extended work hours and overtime.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for deploying, maintaining, and supporting IT systems including servers, switching and routing equipment, and peripherals.
- Troubleshoot and resolve highly complex customer network/system problems across a broad range of technologies. (Cisco / SonicWALL, VLANs VPNs)
- Provide technical expertise to the Help Desk and Field Engineering teams.
- Provides pre-sale engineering support to the sales team for complex, technical and integrated solutions.
- Assists in training initiatives on existing, new and emerging technologies.
- Supports the sales team with technical assistance answering RFP requirements and customer presentations when required
- Provide project support to Managed Services staff.
- Design and provide written statements of work and executes highly complex Network/System Upgrades and migrations. Also will create and maintain associated diagrams.
- Develop and maintain Client system documentation.
- Ensure updates related to requests, incidents, and preventative maintenance are documented in our ticket system.
- Benchmark, analyze, and make recommendations for the improvement of Client infrastructure.
- Perform regular security audits and remediates gaps.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise regarding the latest technologies and industry best practices.
- Direct responsibility for Med-High Priority Calls at all Severity Levels.
- Analyze problems for Root Cause Analysis to determine permanent solutions to unique or chronic problems.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of existing hardware and software in use to maximize the efficiency of the network and users' utilization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4 or more years’ experience working in a SAN environment.
- 4 or more years' experience working in a VMware environment.
- 4 or more years' experience installing switching/routing/firewall equipment. Cisco CCNA required, also experience on SonicWALL.
- 5 or more years' experience with Microsoft Servers including Exchange in an Active Directory Domain environment
- 2 or more years of Microsoft Hyper-V installation, support, and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of wireless standards, installation, and support.
- Knowledge of various technologies, including networking, hardware, software, peripherals, network applications, and security.
- Experience with Remote Monitoring and Management Tools (RMM).
- Provide project and technical lead on complex network issues and project assignments.
- Office 365/Azure migrations and support including encryption.
- Experience with installing, configuring, and administering a broad range of technologies.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Backup solutions (Veeam, Symantec, and ShadowProtect)
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills and logical problem-solving. High-level problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent organization, time management and follow up skills and proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects as well as leading departmental initiatives.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license with a history of safe driving record.