Sr. Network Engineer – IT
AIC is seeking a Sr. Network Engineer to be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and supporting network infrastructure solutions and services. As a critical member of our team, you will provide onsite and remote network support. This position is also responsible for the development of standards, processes, procedures, reporting and metrics.
• Develop network standards, processes, procedures, and service levels.
• Experience with CISCO Switches - catalyst 3750, 2960, 9300, 9500, Meraki MS series switches
• Experience with Routers- ISR 4331, Meraki MX Series routers/ security appliances
• Design, implement and support IP Address Schema.
• Configure, administer and support LAN and network hardware, including hubs and Ethernet switches.
• Configure, administer and support WLAN and network hardware, including access points, controllers, ACS servers.
• Manage and support Wide Area Networks, including DSL, T1, T3, and MPLS networks and enterprise routing.
• Manage and support Network Security, including firewall rules, IPS & IDS solution.
• Design, implement and maintain VPN solution for remote access.
• Configure, administer and support Cisco UC, including Call Manager, Unity and voice circuits.
• Design, implement and support SolarWinds network monitoring tool.
• Monitor network performance and recommend network updates based on utilization.
• Support network disaster recovery planning and testing.
• Assist Director of IT Services in the development of strategic planning initiatives related to network activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or three to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-5 year’s experience in an Information Technology environment is required with emphasis on infrastructure technology and support.
• Requires a high level of technical knowledge and expertise in infrastructure support.
• Requires excellent interpersonal and communications skills including the ability to address problems using a team approach, the flexibility to work well with coworkers in a variety of situations, and the ability to communicate issues and concerns to management in a timely manner.
• Requires project management experience. Requires consistent modeling of the highest levels of support
• Implementing experience with SD-WAN with the Meraki product line nice to have
IT & Technical