Sr. Network Engineer
St. Louis, MO
12+ Month Ongoing Contract with Potential to be Converted
Our Fortune 500 Telecommunications client is hiring a Network Engineer to their Tier 3 SOC team. As a Network Engineer, you will have your hand in various technologies and responsibilities to support the enterprise network. This is located in St. Louis, MO and is an ongoing contract with the opportunity to be hired on permanently. Due to the nature of the role, you must be available to work overnight and/or weekend shifts.
• Monitor, maintain and ensure stability of the local/wide area network infrastructure technologies to provide high availability, fault tolerance, and scalability to effectively and efficiently support mission critical business systems.
• Demonstrate a high level of competence in LAN/WAN technologies, routing and switching platforms, troubleshooting critical issues, and coordination of implementation.
• Troubleshoot and resolve major network and system issues.
• Plan and implement enterprise networks and related hardware and software.
• Perform assessments on existing technologies to determine performance and capacity gaps.
• Establish security (firewalls, intrusion detection), connectivity and access parameters.
• Provide recommendations to optimize network infrastructure.
• Program routers and switches.
• Implement communications technologies (data or voice).
• Manage network services from planning phase through implementation.
• Solid knowledge of routing protocols, network hardware and software, security technologies and network infrastructure are required.
• Test and validate all new hardware and connections for proper configuration and performance.
• Project management - document project requirements including scope, costs, schedule, testing and terms of delivery to ensure project is completed with highest level of quality on time and within budget.
• Research and identify technology opportunities and their application to the business.
• 5+ Years as a Network Engineer including hands-on experience with Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, and/or Checkpoint
• Strong knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
• Experience in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
• Experience using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
• Data networking knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP, Optical Transport)
• Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
• Knowledge level of a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP); however, a certification is not required
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
• Ability to work in a 24X7 Network Operations environment.
At Brooksource, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A
successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We're your trusted partner for IT
hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 16 years, Brooksource has established and maintained relationships that are
designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it's contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent
placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture
and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation,
Brooksource finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work
with you. That's the Brooksource promise.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex,
citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.