Job Title: Sr. Network Engineer
Work Location: Richardson, TX
Duration: 6 month contract to hire
Education/Experience Required: Bachelor's degree OR equivalent years' (5+) experience.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Your expertise will be required in multiple areas including Data Center, Application Load Balancing, Virtualization, LAN, WAN, WAN Optimization, Firewalls, NAC, IPSec and Wi-Fi
- You will be part of a team that responds to monitored events, manages capacity and evaluates the existing infrastructure.
- You will also participate in day-to-day functions that include firewalls requests and F5 VIP creations.
- You will also be required to troubleshoot reported issues which include application performance, congested bandwidth and the inability to gain access to the network,
- You will also be a part of a smaller team assigned to projects; either serving as project lead or project member.
- Assist with the design, engineering, installation and maintenance of the disciplines mentioned earlier.
- Evaluate existing design, new technologies and provide technical recommendations.
- Create and update existing documentation for work performed.
- Effectively communicate with project managers, direct management/team members and team members from other groups either via email, IM or face-to-face interactions