Sr. Network Engineer
Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting network infrastructure solutions and services. Sr. Network Engineer is a critical member of our team, you will be the primary contact for all network and telephony-related issues and projects. This position is also responsible for the development of standards, processes, procedures, reporting and metrics.
• Develop network standards, processes, procedures, and service levels.
• Design, implement and support IP Address Schema and manage DHCP configurations.
• Design, manage, and support all aspects of network and telephony – LAN, WAN, security, wireless, IP telephony, network monitoring and management.
• Act as technical project lead for various IT projects and initiatives.
• Troubleshoot and resolve incidents reported via ServiceNow tool.
• Participate in calls with vendors and local technical contacts to implement complex solutions at global company sites.
• Act as point of escalation for critical incidents and participate in on-call rotation.
• Perform maintenance and upgrades within off-hours maintenance windows, including nights and weekends.
• Monitor network performance and recommend network changes and upgrades based on utilization.
• Support network disaster recovery planning, design, and testing.
• Ensure business continuity through configuration backups, system redundancy, and support contract monitoring.
• Assist Manager of Network Services in the development of strategic planning initiatives related to network activities.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Computer Science or another IT field from a four-year college or university required.
• 5-10 years experience in an Information Technology environment with an emphasis on network infrastructure design and support.
• CCNP and/or other Cisco professional-level certifications required.
• Experience with engineering and supporting Cisco network infrastructure required, including Cisco Catalyst and/or Meraki switching platforms, ISR routers, and Cisco WLC’s/LWAPP’s.
• Experience managing and supporting Cisco IP telephony required, including Communications Manager, Unity Connection, and Contact Center.
• Experience using network security tools and protocols, such as Cisco ISE/RADIUS, ACS, ACL’s, certificates, 802.1x, and firewalls, highly preferred.
• Experience using network monitoring and troubleshooting tools, such as Solarwinds, SNMP, IP SLA, and Netflow, highly preferred.
• Experience with WAN technologies in a global environment, such as BGP and MPLS, highly preferred.
• Experience with advanced technologies, such as IoT, SD-WAN, SD-Access, and cloud solutions, highly preferred.
• Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly to change.
• Must be eager and willing to assist others with various issues at a moment’s notice, no matter how minor.
• Must be driven and be able to operate independently and think critically.
• Requires a high level of technical knowledge and expertise in infrastructure support.
• Requires excellent interpersonal and communications skills including the ability to address problems using a team approach, the flexibility to work well with coworkers in a variety of situations, and the ability to communicate issues and concerns to management in a timely manner.
• Requires consistent modeling of the highest levels of support and professionalism and the ability to provide positive customer service and to ensure customer success with I.T. services.
IT & Technical