A Sr. Network Engineer plays an active role within the IT Infrastructure's Network Services Team. It involves working with the Architecture group and developing Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) as well as the implementation strategies from the reference architecture. Much of a Sr. Network Engineer's time is spent working on project related work; however, the role includes being on call, and mentoring other members of the Engineering Team, and Operations team members. A Sr. Network Engineer also helps with the turnover or transition process for projects completed by the Engineering team to the Operations team. They also assist in the assessment of Infrastructure deficiencies so they can be developed into revisions to the overall architecture standards.
Job Title: Sr. Network Engineer
Work Location: Coppell, TX
Education/Experience Required: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a concentration in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other Information Technology degree
- Primary responsibilities include performing project-based engineering, design, installation and troubleshooting of network solutions.
- Provide technical leadership on complex projects requiring teams of engineers.
- Develop comprehensive graphical and text-based design documentation, and effectively manage the implementation process from design to customer acceptance.
- Assist with creating SOPs, and other relevant information to assist other Engineering team members and Operations with log management and other monitoring analysis activities.
- Install, configure and support traditional and legacy network infrastructure components, such as routers, switches, and load balancers.
- Install, configure, and support Wireless Network Infrastructure such as Wireless Access Points and controllers.
- Install, configure, and support SDN (Software Defined Networking) components, such as SD-WAN Hub and Spoke appliances, SD-LAN Switches and WAPs, as well as their corresponding cloud controllers or dashboards.
- Assist with the design, and implementation of interconnectivity of IaaS infrastructures whether from Public Cloud providers such as AWS or MS Azure, or Private Cloud implementations
- Assist the implementation and troubleshooting of VDI infrastructures
- Configure and support network infrastructure and event management systems.
- Provide enterprise-wide network support.
- Install, configure and support routing, switching, Wi-Fi, DHCP and DNS platforms for the campus enterprise network.
- Troubleshoot network configuration anomalies.
- Perform related or similar duties as required or assigned.