LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
LyondellBasell is looking for a Non-SAP Sr. Functional Analyst with an expertise in Finance and Accounting. The Finance and Accounting Product Team, part of LyondellBasell's Global IT department, is responsible for providing best in class IT solutions to the Finance and Accounting departments. This Product Team manages the planning, successful delivery and ongoing support of all Finance solutions (SAP and non-SAP), collaborating with various IT and business stakeholders. The IT Non-SAP Sr. Functional Analyst is a key position in the discovery and delivery of business solutions and is capable of envisioning potential value for new IT solutions. This position will lead business process, information technology consulting support, systems integration and implementation to the client group for Accounting and Finance Departments.
Roles & Responsibilities
Achieve primary result in design, automation and integration of the business processes to create value through productivity gains. Improve business performance and decision support. Collaborate between Business Solutions Group and Business Groups to achieve sustained improvement. Responsible for leading consulting services and works to develop a trusting and influential relationship with senior business leaders. Involves active, hands-on participation in diverse, regional and global IT project teams to implement IT projects. This is a demanding role that involves managing multiple projects, juggling multiple priorities and interfacing at all levels of the organization.
High level summary of key tasks includes:
- Lead process design activities with business groups within a specific business process area and/or cross-functional teams to enable achievement of key operating objectives,
- Gather business requirements through leading or participating in system blueprint and design sessions;
- Document, prioritize and sanitize business requirements that are aligned with IT strategies;
- Oversee and provide support during project execution, testing, Go-live and Hypercare phases;
- Oversee on-going operational activities to ensure compliance with our stage gate methodology, operations, and internal controls
- Work with accounting and finance groups to improve operational excellence and lower cost operations.
- Strong presentation skills and able to present confidently to Finance leadership as well as IT leadership
- IT representative on the OneStream Center of Excellence (COE); maintains strong relationship and regular contact and communication with OneStream COE; for any projects or enhancements not requiring IT support, would still be integral part of the OneStream COE project team for these efforts.
- Liaison and lead heavily interacting with IT Data & Analytics team for all Finance and Accounting projects.
- Defect Management Lead and Tier 3 for operational support for BPC and BW team. Tier 1 support is transitioning to the BPC Center of Excellence (COE) team within Finance. This role will lead that transition and develop the support model.
- As more applications are becoming self-service within Finance, this role will be the point of contact and Functional Analyst Lead within IT for these applications and ensure the support model is clear. This role will also define governance if needed and ensure the support model is followed between the Finance and Accounting Product Team and the Finance Technology Center of Excellence (COE). Requires great communication and leadership and regular touchpoints with the Finance Technology COE.
- Staying abreast of Finance Technology projects and assisting in updating the Product Team roadmap to reflect those initiatives with the Finance Technology COE. Includes assisting with providing input for the Data & Analytics roadmap and vision for the Finance organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, or Computer Information Systems.
- 10+ years of technical, business, or management experience in increasingly responsible positions.
- Must have led at least 2 major technology implementation projects (able to demonstrate leadership on the project). This should not be SAP only implementations.
- IT systems implementation expertise in non-SAP software is required.
- Experience and demonstrable understanding of end-to-end business process in finance
- Familiar with various technologies and curiosity in learning new systems. Aptitude to learn technologies being introduced or developed within the company including software products such as Microsoft Business Intelligence software (PowerPivot, PowerQuery, etc.), Alteryx and SharePoint.
- Data Analytics expertise in the Finance domain is strongly preferred and experience with manipulating and completing calculations on large amounts of data. Should be able to give examples of this expertise and how it was utilized in respect to financial data.
- Experience creating financial data models and Tableau / Power BI Dashboards a plus. Data warehousing, process improvements, data blending and data analytics. Strong technology acumen and data visualization skills.
- Project management or Six Sigma skills to facilitate excellent execution in projects and initiate process improvements.
- Experience with delivering training sessions to end users and leading testing (includes creating a test plan, creating test scripts, working with users on UAT, meeting audit requirements for testing, working with developers on SIT, hosting testing kickoff meetings, managing testing throughout the entire testing lifecycle, documenting test results, driving testing through to completion).
- Experience in delivering Waterfall and Agile projects.
- CPA, Six Sigma or relevant IT certification highly preferred.
- OneStream, HFM, BPC, BW and SAP (specifically, SAP FICO) experience.
- Big 4 or consulting experience
- Project Management / Scrum Master expertise or certifications (PMP, Certified Scrum Master) is a big plus.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston