Job Title: Sr. PL/SQL Developer
Job Location: Horsham, PA - 19044
Job Type: Contract
Leverages significant professional PL/SQL development experience to design, build, enhance and maintain new and existing applications and automations. Solves problems and make things go in a small, dynamic environment.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Develops stored procedures, functions, and packages.
- Document work details for sharing knowledge with team
- Identify, develop and implement process improvements, especially via automation to improve business efficiency and revenue growth.
- Performs Data architecture and design.
- Train other personnel as needed on database components or processes.
- Performs fine tuning of existing PL/SQL code.
- Diagnoses and solves technical issues involving Oracle database procedures and performance.
- Evaluate new products or learn existing systems to provide support for the reporting and business intelligence needs of the organization.
(Minimum bona fide occupational qualifications necessary to perform the essential functions of the job at a satisfactory level, consistently applied to all incumbents and applicants.)
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, professional training, and experience that provide the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 7+ years of professional Oracle PL/SQL programming experience.
- 10+ years of technology development experience.
- Experience working with Oracle 11g, Oracle, Toad, SQL Navigator. Subversion.
- Experience developing shell scripts from scratch and maintain existing shell scripts.
- Experience in performance tuning of PL/SQL queries.
- Experience in understanding AWR reports, point to bottlenecks and suggest ideas to improve performance.
- Experience building packages/procedures from scratch.
- Strong experience with performance tuning for Oracle and PLSQL coding.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical design documents.
- Good knowledge of cursors, functions, views, materialized views indexes, collections, triggers.
- Knowledge of other technologies including MySQL, SQL Server, Hibernate, Spring, GWT, Java, J2EE, JSPs, jQuery are strongly preferred.
- Good knowledge of best practices for database design and development.
- Ability to work well with BA’s, software engineers, and quality assurance personnel.
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to prioritized needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users, gauge their needs and develop sound solutions to complete work as requested.
- Provide after-hours support for releases and production support issues or for urgent tasks.
- Experience working with applications involved in clinical trials or pharmaceutical drug development is preferred.